By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First 360 Game to 10m Sales

Gta 4...

Around the Network

I say it's Halo 3.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

This is a serious question? Halo 3...

Gears of War 2 has a VERY SMALL chance of selling 10 million, and even if it did, it would be way after Halo 3. We're talking about the holiday seasons during the next generation, folks. Any other title besides Halo 3 would seriously struggle to get to 10 million, and they certainly won't hit it before the 360's premiere exclusive title.

halo3 and maybe co4 , not sure about any others. when ever m$ lowers halo3's price to $29.99 then it could maybe hit 11 milllion, but that will probably be its limit.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Of the current crop of available X360 games, Halo 3 is the ONLY one that has a snowball's chance at 10m.

Now, having said that: GTAIV could theoretically get a massive boost from the DLC if Microsoft offered a definitive GTAIV experience with the DLC. However, GTAIV is still just too far away to consider to get 10m at the moment...It's not tracking with the legs like what Halo 3 has had.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

If anyone says any answer besides Halo 3 they aren't serious. I can maybe see it reach that mark next year. The first Halo sold 1.1 million copies in 2004 (9th best selling game that year), and it most likely was because Halo 2 was right around the corner.

Check NPD numbers for that stat, as VG Chartz only tracks the Japanese sales of it...

okay h3 because Iam totally serious.

None.

There won't be one.

10 million is a lot of units to sell for one game. Its very rare and usually only happens on game consoles that are the market leaders for their respective generation. The 360 will not ever be the leader of this generation.

But its no big deal. Its proven to be a software beast as a console whether a game sells that much or not.

Darth Tigris said:
None.

There won't be one.

10 million is a lot of units to sell for one game. Its very rare and usually only happens on game consoles that are the market leaders for their respective generation. The 360 will not ever be the leader of this generation.

But its no big deal. Its proven to be a software beast as a console whether a game sells that much or not.

Yeah, so far only Super Mario 64 has been able to do that. But Halo 3 will, and only Halo 3.

Halo 3 first, then Gears 2