By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How do you write the 8 number... two circles or one movement?

Just one motion for my 8's.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

One movement

www.jamesvandermemes.com

8- One movement
2- straight

One movement when i'm writing an 8 and I don't do the loop thing with a 2

One movement, I did not know some people did it using two circles.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

Around the Network

I was always taught to write an 8 in one movement starting from the top and going anti clockwise. I was told off at the age of 5 for doing it in 2 circles lol. I don't do a belly with my 2, but I do cross my 7s, as otherwise when I rush writing the numbers a 7 looks like a 1. Sometimes I close the 4 at the top other times I don't, it varies Oh yeah and draw the 9 like a backwards lower case p.

1 movement for 8. Straight base for 2. Line through 7. 5 as one movement, not a hook with a line on the top (this means sometimes it looks like an 'S'.

@Tispower1
Your '9's? Do you do a down back up and round movement? If so i used to do that until my maths teacher kept asking if it was a 9 or a 4. Had to force myself to dop the round up and bit and down.

Hmm, pie.

I draw my eights like I make my poop: One smooth movement. That's how my grandpa did it. That's how my father did it. And that's how me and my children are gonna do it.

I hear my great grandpa drew two circles. We don't like to talk about him.

The Fury said:

1 movement for 8. Straight base for 2. Line through 7. 5 as one movement, not a hook with a line on the top (this means sometimes it looks like an 'S'.

@Tispower1
Your '9's? Do you do a down back up and round movement? If so i used to do that until my maths teacher kept asking if it was a 9 or a 4. Had to force myself to dop the round up and bit and down.

Yeah, do the circle first, then keeping the pen on the paper, do the line downwards.

I use the styles that provide the most clarity

1s I do with both the hook and pedastel so as not to confuse them with badly drawn 7s or Is
2s with a belly because they can be confused with zs
zs I cross so as not to confuse them with 2s
4s I do with the top unattached because they can look like sloppy As
5s i do with two motions, the downward into hook and then slash the top with a nice straight line. This prevents confusion with S
6 i do with the top curling back down a little bit so it doesn't get confused with a b.
7 I do with a cross to prevent it from looking like some people's versions of 1.
8 I do with one motion because I am a normal human being.

The only thing symbol that I do which looks similar to another symbol is my lower case j's. I make them look like a lower case i that has sunken below the bottom line of the word, because they look fuckin classy.