By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What is 4D? How would that work?

I heard somewhere that some guy said the PS3 is the first true 4D gaming experience. What is 4D? 3D is good enough in real life, so how can we have 4? We see organs or something? The heartbeat of The Cell transparent in the background? What?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

4D is Temporal(Time)....the first three are spacial(space).

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

SaviorX, I'm seeing you start one nonsensical thread after another tonight, and I need you to level with me:

Are you aware that abusing prescription drugs is a crime in all fifty states?

there is no such thing as 4d gameplay. 4th dimension is supposedly time or some other dimension we cant possibly imagine but perceive to some extent.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

&& The Twilight Zone is the 5th dimension.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
SaviorX, I'm seeing you start one nonsensical thread after another tonight, and I need you to level with me:

Nonsensical? These are serious questions.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
noname2200 said:

And yet I notice that you're dodging mine...

Kazuruu Michico, from the magazine Japan Today, wrote an article about 4D Gaming, The PS3, and The PS4. Here is the translated version :

" There is talk of intergration of the PS3 into a whole cell blade server system (4D, constantly changing environments due to some idiot blowing things up when your offline), eventually making games intergrated with online environments, meaning game developers create their entire game environment (Crowds, Physics, AI...) online (which means the graphics of the environment will constantly improving after the release of the game), therefore the only thing you'll have on your discs are the story, character models, voice overs, ETC., it's ambitous and is being made possible for the PS3 or PS4 (Epic is trying to do something similar for UT 2007, Animal Crossing doing this to an extent), but the problem is bandwidth restrictions and some other things their trying to workout... it'll be intresting to see how this will work out.

Essentially this is what Mr. Kutagari dreaming up (obviously WoW, and the matrix being a big factor for his idea) 4D, eliminating HDDs (with online accounts replacing this issue) and optical discs(Hello! Matrix), basically this WoW extreme with the entire gaming world in one server permenantly elimanating backward compatibility issues, making PSP2 par with future playstations etc.

Given Sonys current track record this entire combination is PS4 based.

Furthermore it'll be intresting to see this in a unified game on the PS3, rather then only on UT 2007, hey we may even have something similar and bigger then WoW on are hands. "

Link

Basically the environments change over time (the 4th dimension).

noname2200 said:
SaviorX said:
noname2200 said:

And yet I notice that you're dodging mine...

I'm aware that abusing prescription drugs is a crime on all 50 plates.

In a game, if metal were to rust over time, that would be considered 4d, there was a tech demo running on the ps3 that was shown in 2006 I believe..

mM