By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Quality Wii support has snuck up on us.

It has??? I saw it coming a mile away...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

this thread is full of hypocrisy, Wii gamers are happy for getting some "good" games but when HD gets some "good" games they get shit for not being AAA. Why should Wii owners have double standards for their own console?

Phoenix_Wiight said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I don't mean to be rude, but the PS3 and 360 are getting dozens of games in the 80% and 90% range, while the Wii gets a couple of games in the 70% range? I reiterate that I'm not trying to be rude or troll. No one disputes the quality of 90+ Wii games like Super Smash Bros., Zelda, or Galaxy. But these games don't seem that great. Hell, with a score like that, Sonic Unleashed actually seems to be a huge disappointment.

Wii's AAA titles > PS3/360's AAA titles.

also, IMO, half the crap that gets 80s and 90s on the PS3/360  should get 60s and 70s, and half the stuff on the Wii that gets 60s and 70s should get 80s and 90s. unfair, baised websites and reviewers...

So what should the Wii titles in the 80 and 90 score range get? 100-110% scores? There is no logic in this. Just random website hate.

its not random website hate. late me just take gamespot for example.

Mario Galaxy- 9.5 - great.

Twilight Princess- 8.8 - uhh...

Metroid Prime 3 - 8.5 - uhhhh....

Mario Kart Wii- 8.5 - ok, this is ridiculous

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - 6.0 - ok, wtf?

Wario Land: Shake it- 7.5 - ....

I have to leave soon, but I'm going to make a thread with this later... but let me just say this.

If TP, MP3, MKWii, etc etc were on any other console, they would get higher ratings. Its biased. You can't tell me that Bioshock was better than TP, MP3 or MKWii, cause it wasn't. You can't tell me GTAIV was one of the most amazing games ever and was a 10/10, cause it wasn't. Fire Emblem, they gave that a 6, and they gave the one before than at 8.5. I find it funny because every Fire Emblem fan thought that game was better in every single aspect, as did I, and should of ATLEAST got a 9.0/10.0

Isn't Gamespot one of the worst sites for reviews anyways? They had a huge fiasco that I'm sure we all remember. They gave Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Chrono Cross a 10 (THPS3 is a great game, but not 10 worthy). They give games completely random scores that are usually not representative of the average (Ratchet & Clank gets a 7.5 and Fire Emblem gets a 6 while Warioware gets a 9?). I have no idea what goes on in the minds of Gamespot, and I certainly never go to the site. It's not like they haven't given unusually low scores to games on the PS3 or 360 before.

By the way, I can tell you that Bioshock is better than the games you listed. Do I really think that? No. I haven't played Metroid Prime 3 nor can I form an opinion on Mario Kart from the few times I've played it. However, presenting your opinion as fact is not a very good tool to use in an argument. A lot of people consider Bioshock to be a very good game, and just because you believe it isn't doesn't make it true.

As for Grand Theft Auto IV, I don't believe it was deserving of 10s. It was a great game, and I think it should have scored in the low 90s range. And I could easily claim that it was one of the best games ever. How do you know how many games I'm putting in this special category I consider to be "the best?" Isn't "the best" only supposed to be 1? Whatever.

OHRLY!?!? teh Wii haz gaaems?!?!

LULZ I didn't knoez...thot ppl bot it for shitz n' gigglz

Phoenix_Wiight said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I don't mean to be rude, but the PS3 and 360 are getting dozens of games in the 80% and 90% range, while the Wii gets a couple of games in the 70% range? I reiterate that I'm not trying to be rude or troll. No one disputes the quality of 90+ Wii games like Super Smash Bros., Zelda, or Galaxy. But these games don't seem that great. Hell, with a score like that, Sonic Unleashed actually seems to be a huge disappointment.

Wii's AAA titles > PS3/360's AAA titles.

also, IMO, half the crap that gets 80s and 90s on the PS3/360  should get 60s and 70s, and half the stuff on the Wii that gets 60s and 70s should get 80s and 90s. unfair, baised websites and reviewers...

HAHAHAHAHA... oh you were serius...

Around the Network

@javieracosta..

sadly I'm gonna have to agree...

with Phoenix Wiight

there's a barrage of similar games on the PS360..and that is just boring and unoriginal..sadly.. they eat each other up..

no matter if they'r worth an 8...or 9..they lose at least one point for being more of the same

but reviewers actually give the and extra point for being generic..yay!

Phoenix_Wiight said:
Khuutra said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Actually, you can't tell me that TP/MP3/Mkwii is a better game than bioshock or GTAIV.  What is wrong with 8.5 score for MkWii? Is it way too high?

You're right about GTAIV, sure, because I haven't played it.

But I can tell you with a straight face that Twilight Princess is better than Bioshock.

I can tell you with a straight face that TP was better than Bioshoch aswell. I was pumped to see what people were screaming about, so I bought it for PS3. One of the biggest disapointments this gen, aswell as a waste of 60 bucks for a game that should be 30 now.

GTAIV was not even that great, come on. TP/MP3/MKWii were definitley better than GTAIV. The only one that stands a chance against it is MKWii. Way too high? Ya, kay.

just another little thing that I want to add. I love how 360/PS3 fanboys say they aren't interested on anything that's on the Wii, yet, if one of those Wii games went to another console (obviously wouldn't happen,) those people would then go buy the game. For example, the Conduit. I can see a huge amount of people going to buy that if it was on their console, and not because of graphics, just because. At the beginning of the year, I had a few of my 360 fanboy friends play No More Heroes right when it came out. Some of them laughed at it at first, so I said "hey you know this is supposed to come out of the 360?" and they replied "seriously? I might pick it up then it's good so far."

NO...NO...NO, TP is not close to Bioshock, GTAIV is not the best game ever but the freedom to do what ever you want is amazing, and none of the Wii games you mentioned have been able to grab me, I struggled to finished MG, but that is just me. And by the way, I don't think the conduit would sell a lot on the 360 or PS3, specially because of graphics, every single game that I've played on the PS3 or 360 has better graphics than the conduit.

Tales of Symphonia II
Sam & Max: Season One
Fifa Soccer 09
Tomb Raider: Underworld

MontanaHatchet said:

Isn't Gamespot one of the worst sites for reviews anyways? They had a huge fiasco that I'm sure we all remember. They gave Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Chrono Cross a 10 (THPS3 is a great game, but not 10 worthy). They give games completely random scores that are usually not representative of the average (Ratchet & Clank gets a 7.5 and Fire Emblem gets a 6 while Warioware gets a 9?). I have no idea what goes on in the minds of Gamespot, and I certainly never go to the site. It's not like they haven't given unusually low scores to games on the PS3 or 360 before.

By the way, I can tell you that Bioshock is better than the games you listed. Do I really think that? No. I haven't played Metroid Prime 3 nor can I form an opinion on Mario Kart from the few times I've played it. However, presenting your opinion as fact is not a very good tool to use in an argument. A lot of people consider Bioshock to be a very good game, and just because you believe it isn't doesn't make it true.

As for Grand Theft Auto IV, I don't believe it was deserving of 10s. It was a great game, and I think it should have scored in the low 90s range. And I could easily claim that it was one of the best games ever. How do you know how many games I'm putting in this special category I consider to be "the best?" Isn't "the best" only supposed to be 1? Whatever.

Ya, Gamespot is the worst. The funny thing is that there was even evidence back like a year ago showing that Gamespot was getting paid off, or giving reviews based on consoles (if anyone remembers the story about the guy who did the TP review that got fired for wanting to give it higher than an 8.8?)

It's just funny because people still follow Gamespot after all they've done.

I'm sorry that I sounded that I was stating that as a fact, but okay, it's not a fact. The reason I say this is because I went into Bioshock expecting so much but I got so little out of that game- it was EXTREMLEY easy. The story was good but wasn't told in the best way. The setting was really cool. The enemies? Laughable, they were taken right out of other games. The only cool thing were the Big Daddies and Little Sisters, though the BD were a big disapointment cause they too were easy to beat. The game was supposed to be scary but... I was never scared, and I've played my fair share of RE and other horror games. The game seemed like a total repeat to me, and it deserved at worst an 8.5 and most an 8.9, where I feel like TP, MP3 and MKWii deserved around 8.9-9.2.

@deathcape-

ya, I find it really sad. The Wii is trying something new and SUCCEEDING, so it gets lower ratings. The 360 is dishing out games that are extremly similar, and FAIL to be innovative, so they get high ratings.

lol @javier

you n00b..if it were released on the PS360..it would obviously be on par with gfx

but it's not the point..the point was..IF all these games were in HD..suddenly the score would go up till 9s and above..

and that pisses me off..and alot of others too...sorry..played Bioshock..was good..but enjoyed MP3 more..even Portal was more fun..and it was shorter..