By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Quality Wii support has snuck up on us.

Well a few of those games were expected. Monster Lab is one I agree with though. I thought it would get the high 60s maximum. Next year is when we will see score 70s and higher more common. We will see 80s and higher more common as well. 90s will probably be reserved to Nintendo games though.

Around the Network

Eh, not exactly an exciting lineup.

Castlevania now got a D- from 1UP.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

MontanaHatchet said:
jlauro said:
If you don't mean to be rude, you shouldn't lower what the scores are... True that the PS360 has had more good games, but those listed for the wii are all in the 80% range. (78-83%), not to mention GH WT with an 86.

I was talking specifically about this part:

"Castlevania Judgment got a 7.5, Sonic Unleashed got a 7.2, and Facebreaker K.O. Party received a 7.0. Support has snuck up on us!"

Plus, I could understand Smackdown vs. Raw, but why wouldn't anyone expect the other three games to be good? Everyone knew de Blob would be good way before it was released, Shaun White was destined to be good with the usage of the balance board, and I really have no clue about Monster Lab.

That's not true at all, most of the people didn't know much about de Blob and even if Shaun White use the balance board it doesn't waranty that it's a good game, that's like saying that both The Conduit and Redsteel 2 will be good just because they will use WMP.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

What I want to know is why people think 7s are bad. Well I know why. BAD reviewers throw out 8s and 9s so much nowadays that average review scores of mid to late 6 and 7s just don't look good anymore. That's our review system for ya.

Anyways it's snuck up on some but not I. I've barely had any lulls in the Wii life cycle where I haven't had a game that I wanted. 2009 though is going to make me bankrupt though haha.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
What I want to know is why people think 7s are bad. Well I know why. BAD reviewers throw out 8s and 9s so much nowadays that average review scores of mid to late 6 and 7s just don't look good anymore. That's our review system for ya.

And I don't see what's wrong with that. If you believe a 6 or 7 is good, then buy the game. You don't have to listen to the scores reviewers give to their games. They're using their own scale, and since the scales are generally the same across most major gaming sites, I'd say that they must have at least something right.

MontanaHatchet said:
I don't mean to be rude, but the PS3 and 360 are getting dozens of games in the 80% and 90% range, while the Wii gets a couple of games in the 70% range? I reiterate that I'm not trying to be rude or troll. No one disputes the quality of 90+ Wii games like Super Smash Bros., Zelda, or Galaxy. But these games don't seem that great. Hell, with a score like that, Sonic Unleashed actually seems to be a huge disappointment.

Wii's AAA titles > PS3/360's AAA titles.

also, IMO, half the crap that gets 80s and 90s on the PS3/360  should get 60s and 70s, and half the stuff on the Wii that gets 60s and 70s should get 80s and 90s. unfair, baised websites and reviewers...

Phoenix_Wiight said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I don't mean to be rude, but the PS3 and 360 are getting dozens of games in the 80% and 90% range, while the Wii gets a couple of games in the 70% range? I reiterate that I'm not trying to be rude or troll. No one disputes the quality of 90+ Wii games like Super Smash Bros., Zelda, or Galaxy. But these games don't seem that great. Hell, with a score like that, Sonic Unleashed actually seems to be a huge disappointment.

Wii's AAA titles > PS3/360's AAA titles.

also, IMO, half the crap that gets 80s and 90s on the PS3/360  should get 60s and 70s, and half the stuff on the Wii that gets 60s and 70s should get 80s and 90s. unfair, baised websites and reviewers...

So what should the Wii titles in the 80 and 90 score range get? 100-110% scores? There is no logic in this. Just random website hate.

MontanaHatchet said:
Zucas said:

And I don't see what's wrong with that. If you believe a 6 or 7 is good, then buy the game. You don't have to listen to the scores reviewers give to their games. They're using their own scale, and since the scales are generally the same across most major gaming sites, I'd say that they must have at least something right.

LOL - If only they were the same...  It is normal for reviews to differ by 30-40 points, and strangely I see over 50 point difference too often.

Castlevania Judgment - 75 (good) from IGN and 16 (D- bad) from 1UP.  (To be fair, the letter rankings for 1UP don't translate well to metacritic number scores IMO.

The only reason I can see for bringing up Sonic Unleashed and Facebreaker K.O. is the fact that they are apparently better games than their HD counterparts. Although according to IGN, the only thing that really took Sonic Unleashed into the 7 range was the "werehog" levels. Apparently the Sonic levels are quite good.