By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Quality Wii support has snuck up on us.

Garcian Smith said:
Esa-Petteri said:
clerk said:
3rd party support as of late has been suprisingly good. CoD:WaW, Skate it and Shaun White, are all games that I did not think would be best on Wii.

Why is CoD:WaW best on wii? It has worst scores on metacritic and looks like it is not selling either.

Wiimote/Nunchuk >>>>>>>>>>>> dual analog.

Anyway, I have a tendency to add 1 to the review score of Wii, DS, PSP, and XBLA/PSN/indie-PC games, and subtract one from any "main-line" PS360PC game, when judging review scores. I find that reviews are far more accurate that way.

Usually I do the same... no wait... I substract one point from any Wii title because I don't like the Wiimote.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
Garcian Smith said:

Imagine, if you will, a hypothetical FPS that allows cross-platform play between the 360 and Wii. Now imagine that you have a one-on-one Vs. mode game, where one player has a 360 controller and the other has a Wiimote/Nunchuk.

All other things (skill, etc.) being equal, whom do you think will win, and why?

Don't know, propably player with the wiimote? But that has nothing to do with why I prefer 360 pad. I don't play multiplayer games against people with mouse+kb or wiimote. 360 pad is the best when you are playing comfortably sitting/laying on a couch. If I want more precise controls, I just play with my pc.

You can use the Wiimote/Nunchuk comfortably on a couch as well.

@ javierdacosta: Congrats, you're a fanboy.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

@Garcian smith

Maybe, but I just happen to like my 360 pad more.

Esa-Petteri said:
@Garcian smith

So you acknowledge that Wiimote/Nunchuk is just as comfortable as dual-analog for FPSs, and more effective... and yet you still prefer your 360 controller?

Does. Not. Compute.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Esa-Petteri said:
@Garcian smith

So you acknowledge that Wiimote/Nunchuk is just as comfortable as dual-analog for FPSs, and more effective... and yet you still prefer your 360 controller?

Does. Not. Compute.

No, I agreed that you could use your wiimote/nunchuk comfortably at your couch. I never said it is as comfortable as 360 pad. It is not. :)

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:

@ Maxwell

Ok then. I'll give you that. I haven't played the new CoD. Although, I don't plan on EVER buying it. I'll see if I can borrow it from Zucas. Although, I'm pretty busy with my big backlog.

Yeah I hear that, I got a backlog of about 5 Wii titles, 3 GC, 2 DS, and 3 PSP games I need to finish.

I got about 5 PS3 games, 6 360, 4 DS, 8 PSP, like 50 PS2, and a few PS1 stuff.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:

@ Maxwell

Ok then. I'll give you that. I haven't played the new CoD. Although, I don't plan on EVER buying it. I'll see if I can borrow it from Zucas. Although, I'm pretty busy with my big backlog.

Yeah I hear that, I got a backlog of about 5 Wii titles, 3 GC, 2 DS, and 3 PSP games I need to finish.

What the hell man?  you got 4k posts on this site instead of playing those games?!?!? I mean I don't even have any last gen games to finish... really play some more man XD

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:

@ Maxwell

What the hell man?  you got 4k posts on this site instead of playing those games?!?!? I mean I don't even have any last gen games to finish... really play some more man XD

Well, I wasn't serious into gaming until these last two years. I went around picking up games I've missed, and led to my huge backlog.

And I mostly post while in class or when I'm doing homework. (which is right now)

outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:

@ Maxwell

Well, I wasn't serious into gaming until these last two years. I went around picking up games I've missed, and led to my huge backlog.

And I mostly post while in class or when I'm doing homework. (which is right now)

Not a real gamer till this gen but don't have a Wii *SHOCK!!!*  but yeah I understand that, last gen games are so cheap now you can pick them up by the dozen, though I played and beat the good ones last gen and the ones I pick up now are either rare or just something I would not spend full price on even 20 dollars budget price.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
outlawauron said:

@ Maxwell

Not a real gamer till this gen but don't have a Wii *SHOCK!!!*  but yeah I understand that, last gen games are so cheap now you can pick them up by the dozen, though I played and beat the good ones last gen and the ones I pick up now are either rare or just something I would not spend full price on even 20 dollars budget price.

Oh I have a Wii and ten games for it. I'm waiting for the two SE titles to drop to $20. I got 3 Wii games to beat as well.