By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are female sports sexist?

Esmoreit said:
Kasz216 said:
Esmoreit said:
Kasz216 said:
supermario128 said:
Most women just can't compete at the same level as men.

Put up random sample of Jewish people vs a random sample of black people in sports... isn't it the same?

I'd argue no... not all that the same. The difference between Jewish males and black males will be so that that the black people have a higher chance of longer leg-muscles.

Now, the difference between musclebuild of men and women, totally different. Just look at world-records for most major sports on the same distances/weights. Men tend to have better scores then women in practicly all disciplines.

I can make it a bit more close to home aswell. Remember P.E. back in Junior high/High school? When you had mixed sportteams, what gender scored most points. and where the most fanatic?

There were two women in my PE class who could compete just as well as any guy could.

The only difference between men and women is that men are more likely to be bigger.  Which is the same when it comes to the difference between Black people and Jewish people.  (When dealing with sports qualifications.)

A man and a women with equal muscle mass have equal strength.

I'd say a lot of reason women's records are lower then men's is because men are more encouraged to do things like sports.

If two girls managed to compete well, chapeau. But reality is, if a team has to be assembled for a big match, the coach will pick out players that have the most chance of winning. And generally speaking, men have the biggest chance because, as you said they have a larger chance of being bigger.

And then still, men are more likely, due to build and genetics to acquire a better body for their respective sport. So even if you motivate a bunch of women and an equal amount of men to train for their sport and let participation depend on their chances of winning, men will make up the majority, if not all of the team as it's much more likely that they are more capable of winning.

Which is the same case for different races.

Some races are more likely then others to have a better body for their respective sports.

Men of a certain race will make up the majority.

A good example of motiviation however is baseball.

At one time Black people used to be all over the sport and dominate... yet more and more they are being replaced... mostly by hispanics?

Why, because culturally, more black men are pulled towards football and espiecially the NBA.

Around the Network

Ok then. Make the NFL or the EPL co-ed and lets just see how women do against men.

If a woman could compete in a pro men's league, she would be allowed to compete. Women cannot compete, therefore, there are none in pro men's leagues.

Jackson50 said:
If a woman could compete in a pro men's league, she would be allowed to compete. Women cannot compete, therefore, there are none in pro men's leagues.

Does that mean we should have lesser proffesional leagues?

Kasz216 said:
Jackson50 said:

There are lesser professional leagues. I still have yet to see a woman possess the ability to compete in one of them. I remember a few years ago when the Canadian national women's hockey team, one of the best in the world, lost to a boy's high school team from Minnesota. Now, there are some talented female athletes, but they are physiologically unable to compete with men. It is not discrimination or the offspring of societal gender roles, it is the product of nature. 

Around the Network
Jackson50 said:
Kasz216 said:
Jackson50 said:

There are lesser professional leagues. I still have yet to see a woman possess the ability to compete in one of them. I remember a few years ago when the Canadian national women's hockey team, one of the best in the world, lost to a boy's high school team from Minnesota. Now, there are some talented female athletes, but they are physiologically unable to compete with men. It is not discrimination or the offspring of societal gender roles, it is the product of nature. 

I would like to have seen that match.

Another one would be WNBA all-stars vs. a decent high school boy's basketball team.

I bet on high school kids to win.

Why are we comparing Jewish and Black men? Both can vary so wildly. You may have an eastern European Jewish person with little to no talent at running, but you may also have a middle eastern Jewish person who is strong and capable of running quickly. With black men, you could have a tall, fast running sprinter from the Caribbean. You may also have a Pygmy. And why Jewish men, seriously? Last I checked, a religion does not equal a race. One of the most athletic people I knew from high school was Jewish. Perhaps you don't see too many Jewish athletes because they make up such a small portion of the population, both in America and worldwide?

Also, why should we integrate? Good lucking getting too many women to be professional athletes when they know they're going to have to compete against men. Some women spend their entire lives trying to be as good at a sport as a man (basketball, wrestling, weightlifting) and many of them have figures that look very little like the average woman's.

Oh, and while a couple of western and European countries may try to integrate leagues, many parts of the worlds would resist the idea. Many middle eastern countries certainly wouldn't like the idea, and many of China's medals in the '08 Olympics were from female sporting events (which would be hurt by male competition, don't you think?). And in all fairness, I could never imagine the world's strongest woman being as strong or stronger than the world's strongest man.

I'm against the idea because I believe that many parts of society are inherently sexist, and if you dwell on every last detail of it, you'll begin to find that it's fairly insignificant. Why aren't all bathrooms unisex? Why don't women have to sign up for the draft? Why are bathrooms for women cleaner? How come there are more male world leaders?

Having all male or all female teams leads to a greater sense of security among teammates and the level of players we see today. And here's the ultimate question: Would there still be separate locker rooms? I hope not. That's so sexist.

Coca-Cola said:
Jackson50 said:
Kasz216 said:
Jackson50 said:

I would like to have seen that match.

Another one would be WNBA all-stars vs. a decent high school boy's basketball team.

I bet on high school kids to win.

Oh, the boy's team would win.   

How many women have dunked in pro basketball? 2 LOLOLLOLOL

MontanaHatchet said:
Why are we comparing Jewish and Black men? Both can vary so wildly. You may have an eastern European Jewish person with little to no talent at running, but you may also have a middle eastern Jewish person who is strong and capable of running quickly. With black men, you could have a tall, fast running sprinter from the Caribbean. You may also have a Pygmy. And why Jewish men, seriously? Last I checked, a religion does not equal a race. One of the most athletic people I knew from high school was Jewish. Perhaps you don't see too many Jewish athletes because they make up such a small portion of the population, both in America and worldwide?

Also, why should we integrate? Good lucking getting too many women to be professional athletes when they know they're going to have to compete against men. Some women spend their entire lives trying to be as good at a sport as a man (basketball, wrestling, weightlifting) and many of them have figures that look very little like the average woman's.

Oh, and while a couple of western and European countries may try to integrate leagues, many parts of the worlds would resist the idea. Many middle eastern countries certainly wouldn't like the idea, and many of China's medals in the '08 Olympics were from female sporting events (which would be hurt by male competition, don't you think?). And in all fairness, I could never imagine the world's strongest woman being as strong or stronger than the world's strongest man.

I'm against the idea because I believe that many parts of society are inherently sexist, and if you dwell on every last detail of it, you'll begin to find that it's fairly insignificant. Why aren't all bathrooms unisex? Why don't women have to sign up for the draft? Why are bathrooms for women cleaner? How come there are more male world leaders?

Having all male or all female teams leads to a greater sense of security among teammates and the level of players we see today. And here's the ultimate question: Would there still be separate locker rooms? I hope not. That's so sexist.

Usually a religion doesn't equal a race.  However with Judiasm it's a bit different... certain people of judiasm seem to be of a certain race.  The point is... there are more biological differences and variances when it comes to people then just race that effect your chances of being able to be an athelete.

I do think women should have to sign up for the draft as well.  For that matter world leaders.  As well as men and women having the exact same entrance requirments for everything.  (currently police and military exams are lower for women.)

Are you sure women's bathrooms are cleaner then men's?  How often have you been in both?  I'd really like Unisex bathrooms too, though i'd worry that some people just couldn't handle it yet.  We have a hard enough time as it is with things with integrated military service.