By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are female sports sexist?

The title is the question really.

I say yes.  What's the difference between Female and Male sports and the White and Negro leagues... in actual reality?

Now I know the main arguement.

Women are born anatomically different.  Everyone should be treated equal, but women are just born different.

However, so are men and women of different races.  The demographics of most sports leagues aren't at all representative of the countries they're in.  How many Jewish atheletes are there?   Where is the NBA league for people under 5'5?

There may not be any woman now who could play in the NBA, but is that because of physical reasons alone?  Or could there be women good enough to play basketabll or baseball or some other sport... or rather they could be if they weren't told at the very youngest of ages that they are so inferior they can't compete with men and have to have their own league?

I really do think a "better" world would make all sports co-ed... women wouldn't be 52% of the atheletic population, but like i said, it isn't racial balanced anyway, and it'd overall be more "fair".

Opinions?

Around the Network

Have you ever watched women play sports? No offense, but compare men teams of Manchester United, Boston Celtics, the USA mens hockey team to the womens version. Men are bigger, stronger and a co-ed league would not work at all.

CaptainPrefrences said:
Have you ever watched women play sports? No offense, but compare men teams of Manchester United, Boston Celtics, the USA mens hockey team to the womens version. Men are bigger, stronger and a co-ed league would not work at all.

Have you seen some women weightlifters or body builders?

Women could get to similar levels physically.  Less do however due to a number of reasons.  Beauty Myth and all that.

Infact... when matched for strength... women tend to have more endurance.

Most women just can't compete at the same level as men.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I would love to see a co-ed league of any sport. It would be awesome. Some women out there would pulverize men at any sport, and they'd have the whole "oh no I was beaten by a girl" macho bullshit shame thing going on on the TV all the time and it would be hilarious. And eventually everybody would realize that women aren't physically inferior.

But I thought women already had sports, like shopping and cooking and cleaning?

Around the Network
supermario128 said:

Put up random sample of Jewish people vs a random sample of black people in sports... isn't it the same?

Kasz216 said:
supermario128 said:

Put up random sample of Jewish people vs a random sample of black people in sports... isn't it the same?

I'd argue no... not all that the same. The difference between Jewish males and black males will be so that that the black people have a higher chance of longer leg-muscles.

Now, the difference between musclebuild of men and women, totally different. Just look at world-records for most major sports on the same distances/weights. Men tend to have better scores then women in practicly all disciplines.

I can make it a bit more close to home aswell. Remember P.E. back in Junior high/High school? When you had mixed sportteams, what gender scored most points. and where the most fanatic?

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Esmoreit said:
Kasz216 said:
supermario128 said:

I'd argue no... not all that the same. The difference between Jewish males and black males will be so that that the black people have a higher chance of longer leg-muscles.

Now, the difference between musclebuild of men and women, totally different. Just look at world-records for most major sports on the same distances/weights. Men tend to have better scores then women in practicly all disciplines.

I can make it a bit more close to home aswell. Remember P.E. back in Junior high/High school? When you had mixed sportteams, what gender scored most points. and where the most fanatic?

There were two women in my PE class who could compete just as well as any guy could.

The only difference between men and women is that men are more likely to be bigger.  Which is the same when it comes to the difference between Black people and Jewish people.  (When dealing with sports qualifications.)

A man and a women with equal muscle mass have equal strength.

I'd say a lot of reason women's records are lower then men's is because men are more encouraged to do things like sports.

If a woman is good enough to compete against men, I'm all for it. So far though, there doesn't seem to be many women who can compete against men. The best woman golfer of our time, Annika Sorenstam, couldn't make the cut on the PGA tour. The next big thing in women's golf, Michelle Wie, has missed the cut on the PGA tour a few times.

The only example of a woman competing against men, that I can think of, is Hayley Wickenheiser, a female Canadian hockey player. She has played in multiple European leagues for the past few years.

Kasz216 said:
Esmoreit said:
Kasz216 said:
supermario128 said:

There were two women in my PE class who could compete just as well as any guy could.

The only difference between men and women is that men are more likely to be bigger.  Which is the same when it comes to the difference between Black people and Jewish people.  (When dealing with sports qualifications.)

A man and a women with equal muscle mass have equal strength.

I'd say a lot of reason women's records are lower then men's is because men are more encouraged to do things like sports.

If two girls managed to compete well, chapeau. But reality is, if a team has to be assembled for a big match, the coach will pick out players that have the most chance of winning. And generally speaking, men have the biggest chance because, as you said they have a larger chance of being bigger.

And then still, men are more likely, due to build and genetics to acquire a better body for their respective sport. So even if you motivate a bunch of women and an equal amount of men to train for their sport and let participation depend on their chances of winning, men will make up the majority, if not all of the team as it's much more likely that they are more capable of winning.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->