By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What system do YOU think Star Ocean 4 will go on?

Not really Soriku you are just a PS3/Sony hater(as far as i can tell by your posts) and really what do you think the Highest spec hardware is, if console PS3 if handheld PSP and SO3 was on PS2.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

Did i say they will sell 11million NO i didnt, I say between 9-10million PS3 sold by years end not a hard target if they already at about 4million think 1-2million from now to Holiday season and then big new IP's then around 3-3.5million at Christmas easily that is at least 8million but i think with some of the games this year that will go up quick.
SO4 will be PS3 or Wii and a spinoff on either PSP or DS wich ever console its on the spinoff will to that console handheld equivlent.Again i say Highest hardware specs=PS3.

Soriku, why don't you just make a thread titled "Which JRPG Franchises do you think will come to Wii?" It will cut down on all the redundancy.

Thats not a bad idea DarkRequiem.It would be alot easier than all the seperate threads.

PSP

with the previous So games being remade for it.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

And you predict PS3 sales 7-11 mil by the end of 2007? 11 mil? That's the same as saying S-E go 360 exclusive or PSP beats DS sales tomorrow.

I find it more interesting that mitsuhide thinks that at the end of the year there will be some 5 million people with broken Xbox360s that won't send them in for repairs for some reason...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Soriku said:
I know it's possible, but consoles has a slightly better chance. I'd prefer consoles.

the basis of your claim that SO4 will come to the wii seems to be that you want it to being a nintendo fanboy.

The only thing i've read in this thread which gives us a hint to what consoles it will be going to is that the game is going to be "high spec" which suggests to me a ps3/360 release.

Legend11 said:
rickthestick2 said:

i understand and agree with Legend mostly. However, the reason people would say KH3 won't come to DS is because it is not a home console.

What about DQ9?

Well, Dragon Quest is a cartoon game. I'd expect SE would want KH3 to look better than KH2. But that's just my reasoning. I'm not exactly sure why, but whereas Dragon Quest can be on a handheld, i don't see KH3 as a handhelds experience. KH3 would be a bigger more epic game on a console because of technical reasonings. 

To put things in short, i don't think KH3 would come to DS, because the DS is too "weak" for SE i think. Now i don't think FFXIII could come to DS, but FFIII came to DS and sold exceptionally well. Why don't they just make FFXIII for DS? Because it's not powerful enough as well as it couldn't give you the same feel on a small lcd screen compared to the potential 48" flat screen TV.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

@Soriku

my point was that you think SO4 will come to the wii because you have a wii, rather than statements from the makers of the game which say its going to be a "high spec game" which suggests to me ps3/360.

p.s. im not bias against wii, i got one on launch day (day after launch day because amazon.co.uk are bastards!) its just that from what i've heard i dont see it going to the wii.

I've heard from a friend who is a HUGE StarOcean fan that StarOcean games tends to sell better in the US and is more popular over here then in Japan (not sure if this is 100% ture, But if it is), I would say that their are good odds of it going to the Xbox360.

Square has said that they want to equally support each system so their is no dough that one of their major series would go to the Xbox360 eventually. StarOcean seems to be the best candidate from what I've heard.

The series could really go anywhere. The series has been on the SNES, GameBoy Color, PSOne, PS2 and PSP.
Square could easily say that they want to bring it back to Nintendo and have it go the Wii, or they could continue with it on the Playstation and have it on the PS3.

The odds of it going to the PS3 all depends on its sale figures. Square is going to put it where the most people will play it. If the game does in fact have the biggest fan base in the US then it would make sense to release it on the Xbox360 (or Wii). If its in Japan then the PS3 (or Wii), and at that point its going to be based on who has the larger installer base.

Even the DS and PSP are not out of the question. Maybe if the PSP remakes are a HUGE hit the series will go there, but then again if the remakes tank then Square most likely will look to another system.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie