By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Besides Halo 3 and possibly GT5, any other 10 million sellers for PS360?

I mean individually and not counting both platforms like CoD4 and GTA4, I honestly can't think of any other game besides Halo 4 and GT6, Gears 2 might have a chance, but it'll probably plateau around the 7, 8 million mark.

Around the Network

no not really

GT5, Halo 3, GT 6, Halo 4....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

GT5 will never be a 10M seller. The reason is simple:

GT4 got to 10M on the dominant platform of its days (the PS2) when the PS2 what its its peak momentum. With 100M PS2 units WW you need only 10% penetration to get to 10M games sold.

With the PS3 10% will buy you less than 1.7M units. If it is widely successful it will get 4M LTD if it will have long legs.

But 10M? - nuts.

Prediction made on 11/1/2008:

Q4 2008: 27M xbox LTD, 20M PS3 LTD . 2009 sales: 11M xbox,  9M PS3

@amirnetz

GT 3 lauched when PS2 was at 10 Million LTD install base

Others than those u listed i dont think so.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@amirnetz

GT 3 lauched when PS2 was at 10 Million LTD install base

So what? PS3 is nothing comparable to what PS2 was. There's no chance GT5 will do 10 Mil. 4Mil max is a good call.

MGS5 ? LBP once it gets bundled

darthdevidem01:

GT3 is not relevant. It was very innovative at its day but the innovation started to ware down in the next release and as you can see, GT4 could not replicate the penetration of GT3 on the much larger installed base.

GT5 does not have the innovative factor (I am sure it is going to be a great racer - but how much can you innovate in V5?) and does not have the installed base. Many other excellent racers are out there (PGR, Forza) so it is not the only game in town anymore.

It will be lucky to have the success of GT4, but with the much smaller base it will translate to only 3M-4M LTD.

Prediction made on 11/1/2008:

Q4 2008: 27M xbox LTD, 20M PS3 LTD . 2009 sales: 11M xbox,  9M PS3

@atma

4 Million

uh lool.....GT 5 : P is nearing 3 Million if you count downloads

im not 100% sure GT5 will reach it but it will deff be close. hmmm only one that comes to mind right now is Gears 2 i think it might have a chance to hit 10mil seeing these first day sales.