By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WOAH at IGN hands on of Sonic Unleashed

Sorry if old

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/930/930286p1.html

just quotes:

"Even though SEGA promised that all versions of Sonic Unleashed the next 3D platformer featuring the company's videogame mascot would ship simultaneously, the company spent most of its time focusing on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. Unfortunately, at least in preview builds, those versions have only looked prettier in screenshots; in motion, that's a different story with its incredibly inconsistent framerate and movement that didn't speak well for the design's overall quality. After finally experiencing the Wii version for the first time this week, I have to ask: maybe the company should have been focusing on the Wii version instead?"

best quote in hands on EVER:

SEGA's also making Sonic Unleashed for the last-generation Sony system, and it will be a port of the Wii edition.

FINALLY! :')

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

The first part makes you think Sega is really dumb... then the last sentence says at least the did something right.

this game is bad anyways.... Doesn't matter what system it's for.

The last couple of sonics have not been that good. I went with Banjoo Nuts and bolts got it for $36.000 and they gave me banjo Kazooie on live free. Thats a deal

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

kuraobi said:
The first part makes you think Sega is really dumb... then the last sentence says at least the did something right.

Not really... VGChartz shows the sales of 1,84 million for Sonic and the Secret Rings, when PS3 and 360 versions of Sonic the Hedgehog are combined in about 1,3 million. Not to mention Mario & Sonic, which is 5,78 million and Sonic Riders 0,57 million. You can clearly notice that the Sonic audience is on the Wii.

So, what Sega does, is put the money where they're expected to get the bigges return. So, if Sonic Unleashed sells with the same ratio that Hedhog/Secret Rings did, Sega would be very stupid not to put effort into the Wii version, instead of PS360 version.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

From what I seen the night stages look decent in this game, but the day time stages look pretty bad. I was thinking of not getting Chrono Trigger and buying this instead.... I will have to see.

That's actually what i was saying. Sega is dumb to spend the most on the HD versions when they obviously won't sell as well, but at least they are porting the Wii version to the PS2, not the other side.

so far it seems like sega will make most of theirt money from wii games

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

bdbdbd said:
kuraobi said:

So, what Sega does, is put the money where they're expected to get the bigges return. So, if Sonic Unleashed sells with the same ratio that Hedhog/Secret Rings did, Sega would be very stupid not to put effort into the Wii version, instead of PS360 version.

Except that judging by the article, Sega did focus on the HD consoles...

Mind you, since it's Sonic Team that's developing those, that may work out best for Wii/PS2 owners. It sounds like that's the case.

It's no wonder the Wii version looks better.... It's not made by Sonic Team, one of the worst developer in the world (not in the Genesis era though). The Wii version is done by the Sonic Rush team.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...