By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much do you want the consoles you dont own?

Nothing on PS3 of any interest to me.

Tempted to get a 360 for Fable 2, Mass Effect and maybe one FPS but would rather play them on PC. It's a toss up between the expense of a higher end PC to play those games (or similar like the Witcher, Dragon Age) or a low end desk-top PC and a 360. Hate aiming with an analog stick though.

Love the Wii, already have a ton of games I havn't had time to finish and have 3 more I want to buy. So as long as Wii is keeping me busy I can't see myself investing in a 360.

Around the Network
Sardauk said:
thanny said:

^^

Until lately i havent felt any need for a PS3 or a 360 (PC supplies all my fps needs)

I was really wishing i had a 360 when Banjo was announced but now im glad i didnt jump ship because it is a completely different game to the banjo i know... so i dont really care for a 360 currently

as for PS3 i had no interest until LittleBig Planet which would like to play just because its so different and off-track compared to other games and looks somewhat intruiging... so i would like a PS3 for that but not a lot else

If you are into PC gaming already then you will feel the 360 very close to your current experience, so nothing new here... Halo 3 and Gears are terrific games, but judging by your forum avatar, you are already on steam so ... . I don't know if it is worth the investment..

The PS3 is closer to the old-console gaming model (a console, some games on CD) but if you are into online gaming, you might be frustrated.

Anyhow, a couple of years ago I was 85% of my gaming time on pc, but I bought a PS2 just to play the MGS series... it was cheaper back then.... I find the LBP bundle way to expensive for the moment ... (same price I invested for my 360 PRO version, bundled with 3 months free live access and GRAW2... 2 years ago already ...).

Slap

@OP I have (this gen) a ps3, a psp and even a wii (although i could do fine without, it can be pretty fun socially) 

I also have a pc.. so i haven't had any need and haven't wanted to grab a 360. Especially concidering it's track record of reliability issues and the fact that Microsoft are the ones behind the wheels. (i support them enough by using their os)

Check out my game about moles ^

I only own a Wii but I do want a PS3. As an AV dork, I've been pretty interested in Blu Ray ever since I heard of it and LBP sounds like a really awesome game.

Xbox 360 I have no interest in.

I don't really feel the need or desire to own any of the three right now (or yet). I'll be fine for another 7-8 months or so, maybe if some more good and interesting games come out in the meantime, that is (or I'll wait longer and save even more money).

No desire for the Wii whatsoever, will get a 360 for some of its exclusives, will get a PSP for when I go on trips and I don't really need more than one handheld.

Around the Network

Have a 360, Wii, and DS. This time of year there is no way I would pick up another system as there are far too many games to buy on the systems I have to justify a new system. In the spring I might get a PSP.

PS3: I have litte desire for this. There where a few games I was interested in but for the most part that has evaporated as similar experiences are available on the 360 or Wii.

PSP: I had one of these, and I occasionally consider rebuying one. There are occasion the non-gaming features of the PSP would make it a better choice for a trip. It also has some games that I would like to try that I did not pick up when I owned it or where not out yet.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

There are 14 PS3 games I want. Then again, there are 27 360 games I still want, and I have a 360, so why buy a PS3?

Hawkeye said:
There are 14 PS3 games I want. Then again, there are 27 360 games I still want, and I have a 360, so why buy a PS3?

Because there are games you want that are exclusively available on that system? There's 1 game that I really want on the 360 and that's the reason I'll be buying it when I get a new job, I already bought a couple of good exclusive games because I got a good deal, all I need now is the system.

chalksalad said:

I'm in no hurry to migrade to this generation of consoles just yet. I can spend my money to improve my library of last-gen games. However I should say the reason I would buy :

wii: Super Mario Galaxy + Virtual Console

X360: Assassins Creed + XBOX Live

PS3: LBP

You know Assassin's Creed is on the ps3 as well, right?  :P

makingmusic476 said:
chalksalad said:

I'm in no hurry to migrade to this generation of consoles just yet. I can spend my money to improve my library of last-gen games. However I should say the reason I would buy :

wii: Super Mario Galaxy + Virtual Console

X360: Assassins Creed + XBOX Live

PS3: LBP

You know Assassin's Creed is on the ps3 as well, right?  :P

Yes I do know that, but the price difference between X360and PS3 is so big (and I don't have any blu-ray needs yet) that i'd rather spend the extra cash on something else.

So if it's cheaper it doesn't need to be exclusive.