By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Nintendo really have any good games?

Oh hey, does anybody have the Wii Bingo Board handy?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network
Gnac said:

Oh, you mean the thing Nintendo fanatics like to hide behind because their console has no good games and every sane person sees it?

Get Call of Duty so I can destroy you and everyone you love, yes that means your mother, I want her to play so I can say "I HATE CASUALS!!!" while I shoot her with my Thompson and then proceed to teabag her.

Other then that, get World of Goo, Spider-Man Web of Shadows, Animal crossing, Zack & Wiki, Guitar Hero, No More Heroes, and Okami.

There's some other good ones but the above listed are must plays IMO.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Jedah Dohma said:
Gnac said:

Oh, you mean the thing Nintendo fanatics like to hide behind because their console has no good games and every sane person sees it?

stop being a troll. You know for a fact there are more good genre's than just the two you listed above. You sound like your typical 16yo male fanboy who thinks if it doesn't have guns/gore/sex/blood, then it must be crap.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

@Jedah Dohma

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess are best action-adventures games of this generation, and you may consider Metroid Prime 3 as FPS, too... but it's not comparable with those generic FPSs like Gears of War or Resistance, 'cos shooting process itself is not much pleasure in Metroids, but I believe Metroid Prime series could offer a lot more gameplay expirence besides run-cover-shoot.

Classical RTSs that's not a console genre at all, just a couple of mediocore ports from PC not worth owning a X360. Consoles have own tradition of strategy games, most of them are tactical RPGs, such as Fire Emblem on Wii, or just pure turn-based or real-time wargames like Battalion Wars 2 on Wii. But if you like console-style strategy games - DS is your choice, not X360, not Wii. The same goes with jRPGs, yes, there're a couple more of them on X360, but nothing extraordinary (may be Eternal Sonata, I enjoy playing it, Tales of Vesperia... meh, don't like Tales at all, but passable jRPG) - the best examples of current generation jRPGs are obviously on portables because japanese game market shifted to DS and PSP as primary gaming consoles.

So I may say that the best genres on X360 are FPS\TPS and WRPG - some of them multiplatform. Undoubtedly X360 worth buying, and yes DS the best current generation game console (I wish I play more on my DS, sadly I'm not a hardcore portable gamer, prefer home consoles) - I agree with you in these.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Jedah Dohma said:
Gnac said:

stop being a troll. You know for a fact there are more good genre's than just the two you listed above. You sound like your typical 16yo male fanboy who thinks if it doesn't have guns/gore/sex/blood, then it must be crap.

I know it does, and that's why I said it has good Action-Adventure games, but Gnac wants to start shit with that bingo board crap so whatever.

Honestly, Wii bingo board is just a way for Nintendo fans to insult fans of other consoles and people that don't like their console for valid reasons.

I think you named the top 5. Check out Metacritic and Gamerankings for games with good ratings say 70% and up and see which games interest you on the Wii. Games rated below 70% I would say avoid them like the plague.

@Mai

Those games you listed are really good, but I'm going to have to disagree with you when you say they're the best Action Adventure games.

Zelda I agree with as one of the best, but I think Ninja Gaiden 2, is better than Metriod and Zelda.

Jedah Dohma said:
@bd

The only genre Wii has is mini-games and platformers; however, the 360 is better in almost every other genre. It's true that you can't find a game like Mario Galaxy on the 360 (you can find stuff like it, but not on the same level of quality), but the 360 has a much better library overall.

Better JRPG's and more of them.
Better FPS and more of them.
Better WRPG's and more of them.
Better Action-Adventure games, though the Wii has some decent one's.
Better RTS games.
Better 3rd Person Shooter games.

A better online experience. The 360 is going to offer you a far better all-around gaming experience than the Wii will. It's not even close. The Wii only appeals to Nintendo fanatics as far as core games and then the rest of it's library is made up of lesser quality casual garbage.

The DS, however, is the best gaming device you could buy right now. So that's pretty much a must buy, IMO.

Actually 360 has a better library only in RPG, racing and shooters. And in two of the three genres, Wii has one of the top games this generation in the genre.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Is Super Paper Mario really any good? I didn't really like SMRPG or Paper Mario a lot. They felt very repetitive, has that been changed here?

PS: Sorry for going semi off-topic.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS