By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Nintendo really have any good games?

The Wii has many games. I would suggest picking up WarioLand:The Shake Dimension, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Okami, Disaster: Day of Crisis, & No More Heroes. Next year there is plenty to look forward to with new Kirby & Pikmin games rumored and a new Punch Out (along with Sin & Punishment 2) confirmed as well as third party titles such as The Conduit & MadWorld which both look awesome.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network
Jedah Dohma said:
The Wii doesn't have too much to offer compared to the PS3 and 360.

If you want a big selection of quality titles, you're buying the wrong system. I don't understand why you're buying it period if there aren't many games for it that interest you.

I think you should get a 360 instead.

Wrong. How about "You should get a 360 as well", then you'll have an even bigger range of great games.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Well there are a number of titles outside the ones you mentioned. Such as Super Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Battallion Wars, No More Heroes, Resident Evil UC, Boom Blox, Eledees, Zack&Wiki. Those came into my mind without further thinking and outside REUC, i haven't played myself any of the games, just basing the list on opinions i've heard.

And one pearl from Virtual Console (that isn't usually considered as "old classic"), Wave Race 64.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Gnac said:
Jedah Dohma said:

If you want a big selection of quality titles, you're buying the wrong system. I don't understand why you're buying it period if there aren't many games for it that interest you.

Wrong. How about "You should get a 360 as well", then you'll have an even bigger range of great games.

Naa you should own all three consoles for all the quality titles

strangely enough my PS3 has the least games.... but I do have 10 Blu-ray movies

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

BengaBenga said:
From Nintendo: Fire Emblem, Super Paper Mario
3rd Party: RE4Wii, No More Heroes, Okami

QFT, however He may have played Okami on the PS2. Fire Emblem will kick your ass, and Super Paper Mario is just flat out cool. It may not be an RPG, but it is very unique.

Also, if you like arcade style sports games Mario Strikers Charged is great. Great use of Pointer, and you only use waggle for hitting people, which works for me.

Also, If you are in to 2D platformers, don't pass up on Wario Land: Shake It!

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

World of Goo

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Gnac said:
Jedah Dohma said:

No, get a 360 instead. Getting a Wii as well will only give you slightly -- very slightly -- bigger range of great games. If he wants something to go along with the 360, I would suggest a Nintendo DS. But the Wii really doesn't have much to offer.

Jedah Dohma said:
Gnac said:
Jedah Dohma said:

No, get a 360 instead. Getting a Wii as well will only give you slightly -- very slightly -- bigger range of great games. If he wants something to go along with the 360, I would suggest a Nintendo DS. But the Wii really doesn't have much to offer.

If you'd want the best combination, you'd do as i; get Wii and Nintendo DS.

There's really a problem woth the 360 library, outside a couple of genres, there's hard to find anything to play, while Wii (and DS) cater for much wider genres. Which leads into a situation where 360 doesn't have much about anything to play (outside DVD:s).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

get No more heroes instead of Mk. thats about it.

in `09 Madworld, HOTD: overkill, Punch out.

@bd

The only genre Wii has is mini-games and platformers; however, the 360 is better in almost every other genre. It's true that you can't find a game like Mario Galaxy on the 360 (you can find stuff like it, but not on the same level of quality), but the 360 has a much better library overall.

Better JRPG's and more of them.
Better FPS and more of them.
Better WRPG's and more of them.
Better Action-Adventure games, though the Wii has some decent one's.
Better RTS games.
Better 3rd Person Shooter games.

A better online experience. The 360 is going to offer you a far better all-around gaming experience than the Wii will. It's not even close. The Wii only appeals to Nintendo fanatics as far as core games and then the rest of it's library is made up of lesser quality casual garbage.

The DS, however, is the best gaming device you could buy right now. So that's pretty much a must buy, IMO.