By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Nintendo really have any good games?

Let me explain i will be buying a wii this week, these are the games I will be buying. They are:

• Mario kart
  • Mario galaxy
  • Mario Smash Brawl
  • Zelda
  • Metroid Prime
  • All the old classic titles e.g super mario world

Aside from these games I cant think of any other great game that interests me, I prefer the great Nintendo franchises. Nintendo have been too focused on the casual market are there any more more mario/zelda games being released this year. I can pick up a Wii for less 80pounds so its a must buy but these 5 games are the only ones that interest luckily i will have the ps3 to keep me busy

Anyway aside from the games I mentioned what other great games would you recommend?

Im not into wii music/fit/sports/carnival/play/ski/fishing/basketball loll to many wii titles games that sell well but dont interest me, is mario galaxy 2 being released in 2009? can we expect another Zelda game in 2009?

Anyways discuss.

Around the Network

Those are all the best franchises every devised in any form of media, imo.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Those are all the best franchises every devised in any form of media, imo.

They are all great games but I want more mario/zelda/metroid games enough with the wii titled games

Also get No More Heroes.

If you like having friends over to play together, get dokapon kingdom. This game is fucking amazing. I'm going to sleep now after 7 hours playing all night with friends. I don't even play smash bros anymore because of it. Damnnnn...

If you want an innovative puzzle game, try Boom Blox.

If you like adventure games, get Zack and Wiki.

If you didn't play it on the ps2, get Godfather, Blackhand Edition. The Wii version rocks.

These are the games I can recommend because I played them. There are others that I really want to play, but I can't really recommend them because I didn't play them yet.

you should try Resident Evil UC, NMH and super paper mario, lost in blue shipwrecked.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

Those 5 games will keep you busy for the next 6 months to a year easily.
New ZELDA in 09 with HD expansion is my guess/wish. Nintendo needs to show some software pretty desperately in my opinion. I've completed Twilight Princess enough times now and am getting pretty itching for a new zelda trailer

He should stop bitching. There are so many more games than just those 5 its ridiculous to think that there isnt.

BTW you know im right, go and look around and dont waste your effort on threads that insult wii fans

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

From Nintendo: Fire Emblem, Super Paper Mario
3rd Party: RE4Wii, No More Heroes, Okami

Get MP1 & MP2 ports to Wii when they're released.

The Wii doesn't have too much to offer compared to the PS3 and 360.

If you want a big selection of quality titles, you're buying the wrong system. I don't understand why you're buying it period if there aren't many games for it that interest you.

I think you should get a 360 instead.