By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Kwaad, his argument is BASIC ARITHMETIC. That's like saying "You're gonna have to come up with a better reason than gravity to convince me I will fall off this cliff." It's just the straight facts. Third party games sell better on the DS. It's just the goddamn truth. Contesting it at this point is arguing nether with Sintinel or myself, but with the core concept of logic and reasoning.

Around the Network

Sintinel said: WHO GIVES A SHIT?!?!?! Ok, Kwaad, listen up, because I'm going to try one last time. There is only one fact that matters here, just one. I'm going to spell it out for you very slowly and with no big words so maybe you can understand: THIRD. PARTY. GAMES. SELL. BETTER. ON. THE. DS. That's it, that's all folks, nothing to see here, move along people. This is my last attempt to enlighten you. Percentages don't matter, sales numbers do. Back and read the example from my last post again, very slowly and carefully, then do the same for this post again, then go back and read my other post a third, and then read this post a third time. If you still have any problems getting the concept, just hit me with an email and I'll take you through it much slower and cut out all the big words.
So a 6% diffrence makes all the world? Didnt know that. Useing a FIRM number of 100,000. The PSP sells 32% above 100,000. The DS sells 38% above 100,000. The DS has a 10million larger userbase. The DS should be at 90% 3rd party games sell 100,000+. Stop trolling me Sintinel. No need to get vulgar. I still havent heard any reasons why 38% is 10x better than 32%. Last time I checked that a is a 6% diffrence. I'd make the game for the handheld that best suits my game. NOT becuase it would "sell" better on the DS. Becaue they would sell the same.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said: PSP - 26 + 53 = 79 Nintendo DS - 48 +78 = 126 The PSP has sold 26 3rd party games over 100,000. The DS has sold 48 3rd party games over 100,000. The Nintendo DS has 78 3rd party games UNDER 100,000. The PSP has 53 3rd party games UNDER 100,000. 32% of 3rd party PSP games sell over 100,000. 38% of 3rd party DS games sell over 100,000. Ok. There. You have it. EDIT: If you want to discredit me for that. You had better find a better arguement than percents dont work. To me it looks like I have a 32% chance of going over 100,000 on PSP, and 38% on DS. That's not a big diffrence, considering the DS has 3x the units sold... 100,000 should be VERY easy to get.
That's a good argument. It does show the DS ahead still, though. I'd be more interested in seeing those stats for what games released in the past year look like on each system, since that's when the upturn for the DS and the downturn for the PSP really happened. The DS also seems to get more of the trash dragging the sales numbers down since it's so cheap to make. Which is another factor to consider -- DS games don't have to sell as much to make a profit as PSP games do.

I give up Kwaad. You seem to unable to realize that percentages don't matter, and that all that matter are concrete sales numbers, which are inarguably better on the DS. Have fun arguing semantics, your posts mean exactly dick as far as the real world is concerned.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Sintinel said: I give up Kwaad. You seem to unable to realize that percentages don't matter, and that all that matter are concrete sales numbers, which are inarguably better on the DS. Have fun arguing semantics, your posts mean exactly dick as far as the real world is concerned.
Still ,quit a bit of third parties as Capcom,EA and Ubi have issued numbers and the PSP represents more in their business than the DS . Lets not forget one factor more ;PSP games cost about 20% more on average .

Around the Network

Kwaad said: The DS should be at 90% 3rd party games sell 100,000+. Stop trolling me Sintinel. No need to get vulgar. I still havent heard any reasons why 38% is 10x better than 32%. Last time I checked that a is a 6% diffrence. I'd make the game for the handheld that best suits my game. NOT becuase it would "sell" better on the DS. Becaue they would sell the same.
You know what? Your arguing about percentages is really useless. Let's say, for example, that Console A had 10 third party games and only 6 of them sold over 100,000 copies. Console B, on the other hand, had 5 third party games, and all sold over 100,000 copies. 50% of Console A Third Party Games sold over 100,000. 100% of Console B Third Party Games sold over 100,000. There were 1,000,000 Console A units sold, while there were 300,000 Console B Units sold. Last but certainly not least, it costs twice as much to develop for Console B. Console A third party games earn more revenue because they cost less to develop. Console B third party games earn 20% less revenue because they cost more to develop, but their retail prices are a bit higher. Which console will you develop for? You be the judge.

Hmm, I don't know what the problem is... All I want will be released on PSP sooner or later. The main players (Konami, Namco, Capcom, Bandai, Square-Enix, Sega etc.) on the market supports both consoles so probably PSP isn't so bad choice for them. One makes more money on DS other on PSP... Big games are making big money even on the Sony's child - MGS, Tekken, Ridge Racer, GTA the list is pretty long. I would say DS gamers have specific request so you have to guess what actually they want (Cooking mama??). PSP gamer is much more predictable.

I never thought of that. It's easier to tell what the PSP people like. The DS... it's seroiusly hit or miss. Unless your SquareEnix or something releaseing a high budget game. I'm not saying the PSP sells more games. I'm saying Why is the PSP and DS so damn close on 3rd party?

Because 1st party kicks so much ass on the DS. I just got mine and I have NSMB, MKDS, Worms: Open Warfare, Elite Beat Agents, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Half of my games are 1st party. How many PSP owners can say that?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Sintinel said: Because 1st party kicks so much ass on the DS. I just got mine and I have NSMB, MKDS, Worms: Open Warfare, Elite Beat Agents, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Half of my games are 1st party. How many PSP owners can say that?
Idunno. But my GameCube collection I have 4 Nintendo games... And 10 3rd party games. For the DS... I have 7 3rd party and 3 nintendo. SNAP. 2 of the nintendo games are Nintendogs. (got them when we first got both the DS) I hate both of them. SNAP. I have... 35 3rd party PS2 games, and 4 Sony PS2 games. (I typically rent) (that and I just sold 2 of my sony games today and 3 3rd party ones) Sounds like I buy more 3rd party games than 1st party. No matter the console. PS2, PS3, GC, Wii, DS, and PSP.