By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COD5 sales surpass 400k for PS3

Snake612 said:
I considered Call of Duty 4 still the best game in the series. The online modes were great on both the 360 and the PS3. I have no expectations for Call of Duty 5. I am waiting for Call of Duty 6. I heard Infinity Ward will be bringing the game back to modern warfare.

what is funny is that CoD3's online component was much more robust than 4's.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
players =/= purchasers

You have to take into account the ones that rent it, download it, or have more than one account.

Ordinarily I would agree with this, but in the first few days I highly doubt that rentals have cycled through more than one user, and they still had to be purchased by Blockbuster/Gamefly/etc...

Theres now between 400k-405k on the scoreboard

Question when VG does Week 1 sales would that be the 1st 7 days sales, if just to the end of that week?

So for example if COD5 came out wednesday would wednesday-sundays sales count as week 1?

leo-j said:
I hope Cod5 doesnt end up selling better than Resistance 2..

That's exactly what I predicted to happen in November.

Around the Network

Numbers just keep piling up now 411,000+ players

I dont know what the Online Player to Non Online Player would be, but im pretty sure by now COD5s sales are 500+

I only made this thread yesterday afternoon already its gone from 320k to 410k, with 100k on the game.

@scabab

the deed is done

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Sorry what do you mean?

Anyway i just pulled the same stunt on COD4 got 2 points and left my rank was 3.53 million with more below.

According to this site COD4s at 3.71 million. Could it be undertracked? i know a bunch of them are rentals and double accounts but still.

So if is true than we can expect Cod world at war outsell Resistance 2 first week.

@scabab

I mean its probably at 400K now....so your thread title is right

hence the deed is done....lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey