Forums - Sales Discussion - COD5 sales surpass 400k for PS3

ethomaz said:

ymeaga1n said:

LBP overtracked by 100k last month.

Seriously? I think not...

LittleBigPlanet

VG Chartz - October (Americas) == 144,434

NPD Group - October (Americas) == 215.000

VG Chartz undertracks LittleBigPlanet by 70k last month.

You are wrong.

VGChartz - October America = 314k

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2526

Anyways, looking at hiscores is a really inaccurate way to predict sales unless you have a good methodology like mrstickball.

Around the Network

WOAH

Now we know where all those Resistance 2 sales went..

COD WOW is looking like a beast!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CDiablo said:
leo-j said:
I hope Cod5 doesnt end up selling better than Resistance 2..

I cant imagine it not. COD4 put the series in the Elite games catagory, and R2 just aint up there.

R2 is a much better game than COD4..

mM
leo-j said:
CDiablo said:
leo-j said:
I hope Cod5 doesnt end up selling better than Resistance 2..

I cant imagine it not. COD4 put the series in the Elite games catagory, and R2 just aint up there.

R2 is a much better game than COD4..

Quality seldom puts up a strong fight agains name recognition. Im not saying R2 is bad by my statment, I just feel that after COD4 its in the category of games like GTA, Mario,Halo and the sort.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

@Leo-J

MGS4 is a better game than GTA 4 & Nintendogs

PS3 launched at a price where every single console failed,.......yet lived to tell the tale

i.e. Brand matters!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Not online it isnt.

Ok just went back on the account im ranked 351k with more below me there over 360k ranked played.

When we get the update it should be over 500k

scabab said:
Not online it isnt.

Ok just went back on the account im ranked 351k with more below me there over 360k ranked played.

When we get the update it should be over 500k

It'll probably be closer to 300k week 1.

How theres already 360k ranked players and thats after 4 days and just 1 in Europe.

scabab said:
How theres already 360k ranked players and thats after 4 days and just 1 in Europe.

Well, mrstickball is tracking the 360 version to do about 500k-600k first week. So realistically you're looking at around 3/5th that for the PS3 SKU. Which is 300k-350k. Maybe 400k, but I don't think above 500k unless mrstickball is really off.

That's pretty good

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||