By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Music sales in US just over 60k, Nintendo still hopeful for big sales

Gamerace said:
I'm sure it'll be evergreen but it'll also always be lowly step bother of the other Wii games which will all sell 10x as much

Of course, almost every game looks like a failure when you hold them up to a 10 million unit yardstick.

Wii Music is being compared to Brain Age here, which did a very respectable 2.5 million. A few weeks of EU data should show us how likely that achievement will be.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Ah, this news warms my heart.

not too impressive...

4 ≈ One

I agree with the evergreen part. This game will make a decent profit for Nintendo. I think it's funny how Nintendo's success with multi-million sellers has led people to raise the bar so high that if a game is only sells a couple of million it isn't 'doing so well'. I guess that shows the high standards people have for such a great software company.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

I wouldnt be suprised if it starts selling like hot cakes, since the main reason people are buying the wii are for the wii titles, Mario kart wii, Wii fit, Wii play, etc...

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
I wouldnt be suprised if it starts selling like hot cakes, since the main reason people are buying the wii are for the wii titles, Mario kart wii, Wii fit, Wii play, etc...

That's like saying the main reason people are buying the PS3 is for GTA4, MGS4, LBP, etc.

That's the point.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I'm glad this isn't selling well. I'm tired of steaming piles of shovelware crap like this getting rewarded with high sales numbers. Nintendo should be ashamed of this title.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.