By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think I was scammed by Gamestop

nordlead said:
mesoteto said:
its proably teh same as the local store, take teh game out incase someone steals teh case, then the store just shipped it from there

does gamestop work that way? I never buy online there, but I thought they shipped from a central warehouse.

I asked if you opened it only cause if the disc isn't scratched and the paper work looks like it is in good shape, then who cares.

It's the principle of it. I don't like dishonesty. I have no problem with buying used games if that's what I paid for. But if I buy a new game, I expect it to be new and not some kind of trick.

Around the Network

sounds like a used copy. Does it have that security sticker?

FishyJoe said:
nordlead said:
mesoteto said:
its proably teh same as the local store, take teh game out incase someone steals teh case, then the store just shipped it from there

does gamestop work that way? I never buy online there, but I thought they shipped from a central warehouse.

I asked if you opened it only cause if the disc isn't scratched and the paper work looks like it is in good shape, then who cares.

It's the principle of it. I don't like dishonesty. I have no problem with buying used games if that's what I paid for. But if I buy a new game, I expect it to be new and not some kind of trick.

well, if the disc isn't scratched at all, then it is probably new. I know lots of people complain about gamespot pulling a disc out and putting it in the case. However, I ask to see the disc first, and if it has no scratches, then it is "NEW" in my book.

However, I do agree with not wanting to be tricked if it really is a used game.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

^or charged for it

Is there shipping information to see where it shipped from? either a local store or warehouse?

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
No, I think I'm going to take it back to the store and return it.

In canada, if you buy a game from best buy online...you can exchange it for the same game in case something is wrong. So, you should be able to take it back to the store and excahnge it even if its open. If you bought the game to be a collectors item, i guess i see your point. Otherwise being paranoid seems a little silly to me as you should be covered in case something is wrong with the game...

I don't like how they do that either. Selling you opened games as New in the stores. If I ever buy games from EB/Gamestop it's always online and I get them unopened.

What I really hate about EB/Gamestop is the pre-order bonus crap. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't. I always pre-order as soon as the game is put up on the website. It should be first come first server, but it's not, they just put the bonus stuff in whoever they want to. I've complained to them about it online before. They say while quantities last and that's it. Sometimes the pre-order bonuses are still being advertised on the website still and I didn't get it. Their whole pre-order bonus system is whacked out. I'd pre-order in the store, but I'm too lazy to drive there. I want stuff to come to me. n_n

So yeah, Amazon is the best place to shop online. You get pre-order bonuses all the time. Everything is brand new. It's free shipping and no tax. 30 day price match guarantee.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Am I the only one who wants to know what game you purchased? :D

Man.. I think I got that one too... a couple of years ago from eBay though.

You did get scammed.

If you went to the store, you could have made sure it was new.