By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think I was scammed by Gamestop

I had a gift card, so I used to to buy a game from Gamestop's online store. So I get my game today, and I look at the packaging. Normally, 360 games come in smooth wrapped plastic. But this game came in a heat shrink wrap. You can feel the difference because smooth plastic wrap is slippery whereas heatshrink has some resistance.

So have I been scammed into paying for a new game and receiving a return/rental copy? I expect this from a local store, but their online store should not be engaging in this type of behavior.

Around the Network

idk to be honest. it never has happened to me, but ive heard its happened before...

^That's why I don't buy games online for the moment.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Have you opened it yet?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

No, I think I'm going to take it back to the store and return it.

Around the Network

its proably teh same as the local store, take teh game out incase someone steals teh case, then the store just shipped it from there

mesoteto said:
its proably teh same as the local store, take teh game out incase someone steals teh case, then the store just shipped it from there

This is from the online store where I assume they ship from a warehouse. Why would they break the factory seal?

mesoteto said:

does gamestop work that way? I never buy online there, but I thought they shipped from a central warehouse.

I asked if you opened it only cause if the disc isn't scratched and the paper work looks like it is in good shape, then who cares.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

GS does this alot, since they sell the copy they leave open on the shelf as new... it pisses me off.... they will give you a discount though if you press them on the matter... or just leave.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

i think its from a store b/c i have looked on line and you can buy used stuff just like new