By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will the NPD results, result in an upward correction for the Xbox 360

It seems like vgc is undertracking quite a bit.

( see what i did here, yes you, you know who i mean )

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Wii is undertracked the most; it sells a gazillion per week.

X360 was overtracked in summer so I think VG numbers are fine.

KillerMan said:

this time is was quite a bit... wonder how it pans out overall for the year to date compairson

Yeah, we also need to adjust down PS3. >_>

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

It seems like vgc is undertracking quite a bit.

( see what i did here, yes you, you know who i mean )

You mean "subtly hoping the xbox will get an upward correction now that NPD shows it being undertracked, as opposed to complaining that other people shouldn't always do that when it happens to PS"? :)

KillerMan said:

360 was adjusted down at the end of summer.  Considering it was undertracked by over 20% this past month it should be adjusted up.

What makes you think NPD is correct?

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

I think it will.
I also think this will resort in putting the 360 weekly numbers a bit higher from now on,since it shows that 360 has alot monument in the U.S,this will be a big holiday season for 360,also it will be one hell of a holiday season for all of them.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

frybread said:
What makes you think NPD is correct?

They may or may not be right...  But this site usually adjust to NPD if there are significant differences.  20% is significant.