By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP sales have depressed me...

When are we going to get some official numbers from sony.
I'm tired of people trying to say this game is a failure, just because it serves their own purposes. It is a great game and all the consoles are great. The sales are great and will keep going after bundles and whatnot.
LBP WILL BE HUGE

Around the Network

so can i make a thread whenever a game i really like doesn't sell well? Seriously, most of the games that i think are the most creative and entertaining games are not games like gears of war.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

kirby007 said:
LBP innovative? what? LMAO

I'm going to assume you were being sarcastic here, but please do not troll.

Imo I liked gears better than all the games you mentioned...

I love the game. And I do hope that it does better. And I am very sad that it hasn't sold better, but I choose to believe that down the line the game will keep selling, but even if it doesn't, it's a hell of a game that every gamer needs to at least play.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
LBP innovative? what? LMAO

A quick peek at a dictionary should solve your confusion - look up innovate, refine and rehash and all should be well.

Also I've finally been playing some online levels with LBP, and wow some people are creative!  I mean I played a level where you fly a spaceship in a sidescrolling arcade game remake (I think the original was called Bomber or something like that).  Clearly you can do a lot with the tools if you put your mind to it.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I hope it ends up selling 2 million life time.

You shouldn't feel bad about the sales numbers, LBP had a lot of hurdles to overcome and it's selling well enough to deserve a sequel. A lot of innovative games get released with great reviews and sell far far worse than LBP, look at Beyond Good and Evil and Psychonauts for instance.

Dinomax said:
GooseGaws said:
Dinomax said:

Your letting sales of a video game actually depress you?  Time to go outside, your taking games way to serious.

If you haven't noticed, this is a website on which games are generally taken seriously.  Additionally, this is a comment on the state of the industry as a whole, which has shown many times in the past to lack an appreciation for certain titles which deserved far more attention than they received (though usually to a more significant degree).

LMAO!!!!!

That you would suggest LBP is better than Galaxy prevents me from empathising with your plight. But guess what?

If the HD machines continually stress they are hardcore then games that arn't hardcore dont sell, that shouldnt shock you. Its the cold dead fish slap in the face that Wii owners have had to deal with for 2 fukn years. Only its the opposite (casual / hardcore switch of you will), smell the fish.......

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.