By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

ok so i am 18 years old and a senior in high school. I live in a small town in washington state(USA). I Have a problem with chewing Tabbacco i want to stop doing it. Its not like my lip or gums are mess up or anything i just want to stop. My main reason is becuase i dont want to  get my mouth messed up though. So latly i havent been taking as many dips as normal to try to quit. Most of my friends to chew though so whenever im with them i always end up chewing one way or another. ALso another thing that makes this harder is that my Girlfriend dosent care if i chew >.<.

So basicly i was just wonder what i should do to quit i mean its not like i have to chew idk what to say im just wondering any ideas you guys might have =P.

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

I didn't realise anyone born since 1895 chewed tobacco! If you think you can stop, then do so. It's a filthy habit what with the spitting.

I find pipe smoking to be a clean, classy, ritualistic way to get nicoteen. You don't see enough pipe smokers around.

My father's been chewing tobacco for as long as I can remember and he tried quitting once and he did for about 2 or 3 years but then started back up and said he'll more then likely be doing it now till he dies (and that'll likely be the cause). So if I were you I'd quit now while your still young, instead of doing it for the rest of your life then having F-ed up teeth and gums.

I don't know what you can do to quit, just try not doing it? I don't see how its that hard to stop chewing tobacco, if your really dead set to stop then it shouldn't be that difficult, and just because all your friends does it doesn't mean you have to (jeez started to sound like my mom) so just tell em your not chewin anymore if there going to kep you from quiting.

Start chewing gum. Seriously, replacing the oral fixation with something else will work if you stick to it.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

k im just going to not do it anymore and see how that works

Around the Network

Why do you anyways? Is the taste pleasing?

no just idk know why i do it lol

Chewing tabbaco gives you nicotine and is therefore addictive. You are probably also used to having something in your mouth. I recommend

1. Getting new friends- this will be tough. If you cannot do it, make new friends after high school, whether you go to college or into the workforce

2. Get those nicotine anti- craving patches to help wean you off the dip

3. Start chewing gum ALL THE TIME. I recommend sugarless because otherwise the sugar might hurt your teeth... but if you like sugar gum definatly go for it because chewing sugary gum is way better than dipping.

well its not like my friends are forcing me to chew lol

When your dog, who you've grown up with since you were young, dies and you have to dig a hole in the backyard to bury him, that might make you change your mind. Dealing with a death of a loved one is hard. The whole time your digging the hole you think about how your girlfriend would feel about burying you.

Ohh yeah, do you have a dog? o_O

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence