By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How come some games in the Database don't have complete numbers?

Just curious, I can understand some older games like Ninja Gaiden on XBox or Killzone 2, but what about Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Oblivion, R6, VF5 on PS3 (no Other numbers), F1 (no Other or NA numbers). Also C&C and Kameo on 360, and I'm sure there are plenty others on all 3 systems.

Will the DB be updated anytime soon?

Around the Network

Which countries are you reffering to?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:

The motorstorm numbers are off, and so are the killzone numbers which arent being reported in europe.

mM

On current gen games, the data hole seems to be the others region, as a lot of games are missing that. patience is the way through this one. It'll get there eventually.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Lots of PSP games as well. They just dont have the time/want to update.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

The issue is that the only place numbers could be worked on or modified would be shipped million sellers.

In the case of Motorstorm, there hasn't been enough conclusive information to equal Motorstorm on the 1m seller list, as no individual tracking service has any remote decent number of copies sold through - so I sincerly expect ioi to take a grain of salt with shipping numbers from Motorstorm.

Not only this, they say exactly 1m, but the fact is, every game on the 1m list has sold more (1.01m). If anything, Sony upper-estimated the numbers, as Sony shipped 400k units of Motorstorm to the US about 2 months ago, and not even 300k have sold....Thats alot of units sitting on shelves.

But give it a few months - it'll surely be on the 1m list when the bundles hit.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:

"Other" Countries as in European countries, Australia etc..

There's the data for Orange (Japan), Blue (Americas), but those aforementioned games, along with many others, have no data for the Green (Others).

I know it's a work in progress, I was just expecting current gen games to be up to date whereas last gen games would be the ones that would need to be filled out and worked on over time.