By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony's answer to MSFT's price cut this holiday season is:

MS is not sell at loses, they already made a profit for each console they sell

remember all component of Falcon revision, and Upcoming Jasper are alerady reduced the price.

if they want they can cut the price even further, especially when jasper or valhalla comes out.

Around the Network

sony pr meeting

hey a gun, hey my foot, i wonder what happens if i pull the trigger?

MontanaHatchet said:

Sony needs to understand that to most consumers, the actual cost of something is far more important than the value.

thats a good way of putting it.

I don't want to turn this into an arguement, but I think thats why the wii is doing so well its $250. And you get what you pay for, a game player.

PS3 you get a blu ray player but not everyone wants one.

Max King of the Wild said:
thats the normal price....

thats very true.

its the 40 gig thats $400. So with the 160 gig you pay $100 extra for Uncharted, Pain, and 4x the Hard drive space. Its worth it.

The preceived value of the PS3 is not the key here. Sony desperately needs time and money to further cut development costs and promote their line of products. As a result, the pricing of this is not that absurd. Actually, Sony has been pretty generous giving significant annual pricecuts for the PS3, while trying to recover their loses despite the risk.

The research and development of Blu-Ray has been a megaton as reported by Sony's quarterly earnings since launch. Sadly, the HD format is modestly successful worldwide so far. Unlike Microsoft, Sony no longer has sure fire ways to earn quick cash. Therefore, a price cut is currently out of the question. Only time will reveal the company's fate.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
@Kaz

No it does not have B/C.

Man why Sony got to hate all over backwards compatibility, that stuff is aces.

coolestguyever said:
Max King of the Wild said:
thats the normal price....

thats very true.

its the 40 gig thats $400. So with the 160 gig you pay $100 extra for Uncharted, Pain, and 4x the Hard drive space. Its worth it.

Actually you get a 80G unit and a full price game for $400 now. For another $100, you'd get a game which now is selling in the bargain bin and 80G additional hd space. Absolutely _not_ worth it...

dejelek said:
MS is not sell at loses, they already made a profit for each console they sell

remember all component of Falcon revision, and Upcoming Jasper are alerady reduced the price.

if they want they can cut the price even further, especially when jasper or valhalla comes out.

While you should definitely work on your grammar (and to some extent on basic logic), you could also explain to us why an XBox360 that currently costs around $250 to manufacture and sells around $199 is making profit..

they need to readd BC back to the ps3. thats one of the main problems.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

saxophonehero said:
there is a slim chance that the PS3 will stay in last this generation. the 360 has no more gimmicks except for selling it for free.

Try dropping it to $150.00 for the arcade and $250.00 for the pro they still have price drop room...nice try though

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks