By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So let me get this straight, Microsoft is chocking sony to death

I think sony knows that the best way to fight back is to release good games, which they desperately need to do....

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
I think sony knows that the best way to fight back is to release good games, which they desperately need to do....

They did release good games this year, however its their installed base that sucks. 1/3 of their installed base are Blu Ray DVD buffs and not gamers.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
theprof00 said:

They did release good games this year, however its their installed base that sucks. 1/3 of their installed base are Blu Ray DVD buffs and not gamers.

LOL!!!!!!

The sad thing is thats prob true..

leo-j is taking this a bit too personally. lol.

DTG said:
Business shouldn't equal immoral. Trying to make a profit from consumers (rather than selling at a loss like Sony to offer better value) and hurting another company that employs thousands of people is wrong.

Please, please tell me you were kidding when you wrote that.  Please.

Around the Network

Looks like the PS3 is going to win the HD war in Asia (This week's top 10 games in Japan looks like it is set to be made up entirely of PS3 and DS with 1 Wii game) and Japan. And the 360 will win in the Americas, but the two companies will do about equal in Europe. Which means there will be two different types of game markets with two different types of game fans in those markets (fans of incredible adventure and rpg single player type games in the East and fans of shooters and more PC / multiplayer type games in the West) in the next gen which was my prediction all along of what would happen if MS beat Sony. Thanks to MS, if you want the best Japanese type games in the years to come, unless its from Nintendo, you'll be bleep out of luck in the US.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:
Looks like the PS3 is going to win the HD war in Asia (This week's top 10 games in Japan looks like it is set to be made up entirely of PS3 and DS with 1 Wii game) and Japan. And the 360 will win in the Americas, but the two companies will do about equal in Europe. Which means there will be two different types of game markets with two different types of game fans in those markets (fans of incredible adventure and rpg single player type games in the East and fans of shooters and more PC / multiplayer type games in the West) in the next gen which was my prediction all along of what would happen if MS beat Sony. Thanks to MS, if you want the best Japanese type games in the years to come, unless its from Nintendo, you'll be bleep out of luck in the US.

How exactly is that Microsoft's fault?

HALOOOOOOOO said:
Paul_Warren said:

Everything's M$'s fault.....they pay everything n everyone.

They payed SONY to delay Resistance 2 in EU they payed like everything that led to something bad

M$ is like bad...!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Hello Sony and Microsoft fans. The Wii is kicking butt in the console sales and it will sell more than the combined sales of 360 and PS3 by the end of the current generation. Why do you guys keep bickering over second place? Best placed losing console system or something? That is not much of a prize. The Wii is taking more and more market share away from Sony and Microsoft every passing day.

darthdevidem01 said:
HALOOOOOOOO said:
Paul_Warren said:

Everything's M$'s fault.....they pay everything n everyone.

They payed SONY to delay Resistance 2 in EU they payed like everything that led to something bad

M$ is like bad...!!!!

Lol, I know! Because Sony is just that nice of a company to delay one of the most anticipated games on its console...

Seriously Paul, if you blame everything on MS then you need to take your head out of Sony's ass.