By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft looks to 100 million consoles with 360, NPD to show 2:1 ratio to PS3 for October

no way unless japan starts buying 360 like they do the wii.

Around the Network

what the heck does he think he is saying? No f...ing possible! 50 max!

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Looks like MS is going to go with the 12 year plan.
(>'.')>

In other news, the team in charge of making public statements about console sales for Microsoft have been fired on an entirely unrelated circumstance

Am sorry.. I just don't see that happening....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

We have only seen a quarter/third of the huge games to come in the 360s future as I believe that we are only now getting out of the PS2 era. Easily 5-6 more years and we are not even halfway into the HD/Wii era.

Even if the 360 sells the average it has been selling over the last 3 years of 9-10m, it will easily reach 70m. The 100m will be the above average target, which is what MS is aiming for.

The Elite (or something even better) will be the standard and the price will drop further, with the Arcade phased out and the Premium console will be the cheapest. So theres still a lot to go in terms of the business model and pricing. And theres always the big possibility of the a 360 Lite.

Why are people saying "a bit"?.....That´s EXTREMELY optimistic.

The_God_of_War said:
That's insanity. I can see the PS3 one day reching 100 million but not the 360.

Yea when the world becomes PS3 fanfeinds.

i say it's doable, there's still a lot of ps2 gamers out there that are just waiting to get into the hd generation if the xbox is 199 now i won't be surprise to find it at 159$ in 1year, am sure it will sell like crazy, i'll probably get one at that price

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Not likely. Im sure it'll at LEAST pass 40mill but 100 is really ambitious. Its not gonna happen.