By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official October NPD Thread (Data at 6:30 PM EST ~3.5 hours)

Here's something worth noting.

From Microsoft NPD Release:

"Since its U.S. launch on Oct. 21, “Fable II” has sold more than 1.5 million units worldwide for Xbox 360 in the first two weeks of retail, making it the fastest selling RPG on Xbox 360 and the most popular game, across all platforms, in the US in October. (October NPD data and Microsoft Internal Data)"

It's at about 1.33 mill on the site after 2 weeks. So it might be about 200k or so under on this site.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network
jasonnc80 said:
fastyxx said:
Speaking of street dates being broken, I wonder how much software 7-11 ended up selling. They had kotaku stories on breaking dates all over the place. Wonder if NPD or VGC tracks them.

Did you see the 1up yours video from last week?  It had a part about Gears 2 date being broken at 7-11.  Pretty funny lol.

Yeah.  1up had one where they bought Wrath of the Lich King early from there too.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

So we overtracked PS3, LBP and almost everything this month

erikers said:

"Since its U.S. launch on Oct. 21, “Fable II” has sold more than 1.5 million units worldwide for Xbox 360 in the first two weeks of retail, making it the fastest selling RPG on Xbox 360 and the most popular game, across all platforms, in the US in October. (October NPD data and Microsoft Internal Data)"

It's at about 1.33 mill on the site after 2 weeks. So it might be about 200k or so under on this site.

Oh nice.

darthdevidem01 said:

wow people want LBP (wii60 fanboys) & Wii Music (PS360 fanboys) to FLOP BADLY.

judging by most of the posts.

Are they flops?

No they are not as both games have been proclaimed as "legs" games.

If anything is THE MOST SHOCKING

it is GH WT not even charting

otherwise brilliant month for Nintendo....good one for MS....average one for SONY.

+1

Both of these games will sell forever.  I figured they wouldn't have huge debuts, much like Animal Crossing won't have a huge debut, but will sell millions.

I'm also not terribly surprised by GHWT.  It's way to frickin expensive.

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
So we overtracked PS3, LBP and almost everything this month

Though you'd be more concerned with Wii music flopping very hard.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

I don't recall seeing any ads for Wii Music; anyone else see them?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
appolose said:

I have. A commercial of a lot of different people playing different instruments for the basic Mario theme. They show it occasionally.

The BuShA owns all!

KatinJin said:
erikers said:

Oh nice.

I wonder if they mean "sold to retail" or "sold to customers."

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Vertigo-X said:
appolose said:

I have. A commercial of a lot of different people playing different instruments for the basic Mario theme. They show it occasionally.

Ah; there goes that theory.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz