By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS predicts 25 million sold (through to customer) by end of November.

I don't think they can quite do it, but there is some evidence Microsoft has been shipping much larger allocations lately.

I would have guessed 24m by the end of November but if they know that say, 360 will start selling 25k in Japan because of Last Remnant, and sees a similar increase in Europe, who knows.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
Garnett said:
I think shes on M$ Pay roll!!!!!!

Oh wait SHE WORKS FOR MS LOL!!!

Best post FTW!!!

But i dont think there gonna reach 25 mill by end of november.

By saying that, they would have to sell 700+K per week for the following 3 weeks! I doubt it's possible.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

darthdevidem01 said:
@freebird4

no it isn;t

"Mount says that by the end of this month, Microsoft predicts Xbox 360's global installed base will reach 25 million units, surpassing that of the first Xbox."

Same thing happened last year with ps3 as a previous person mentioned. where it had said "install base" it had obviously meant shipped.

The article doesn't specify through to consumers anywhere....if CAPS means I am angry then you are wrong...I use a LOT of CAPS..just like that

Fair enough, maybe I misunderstood (cause if it's shipped "install base" is misleading), but I can't change the title anyways.

Wow! If the "slim" version comes in 2009 with price cut, than the sales in 2009 are gonna be big!

Around the Network
freebird4 said:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21094

"Mount says that by the end of this month, Microsoft predicts Xbox 360's global installed base will reach 25 million units, surpassing that of the first Xbox."

He never said sold through to customer in that article.  There was an indirect quote that used the word "global installed base" -- we don't know if he said those words or, even if he said them, whether they'd be accurate.

Most likely, he said, "25 million units sold" which means "25 million units shipped to retailers."

There's nothing about selling to people in that article.  Their 'customers' are stores.

@kylohk

black friday will help it alot

but they would require almost 1.5 Million sold on Black Friday to offset losses from other weeks.

unless VG Cartz is heavily UNDERTRACKING Xbox 360....they mean shipped

if not....she's just full of it.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

TheSource said:

I don't think they can quite do it, but there is some evidence Microsoft has been shipping much larger allocations lately.

I would have guessed 24m by the end of November but if they know that say, 360 will start selling 25k in Japan because of Last Remnant, and sees a similar increase in Europe, who knows.

Wanna change the title? It seems I was wrong about sold through.

freebird4 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@freebird4

no it isn;t

Same thing happened last year with ps3 as a previous person mentioned. where it had said "install base" it had obviously meant shipped.

The article doesn't specify through to consumers anywhere....if CAPS means I am angry then you are wrong...I use a LOT of CAPS..just like that

Fair enough, maybe I misunderstood (cause if it's shipped "install base" is misleading), but I can't change the title anyways.

There's no problem in that at all....we've all made that mistake many times :)

If she meant shipped....then that will definetely be achieved anyway.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

All I read was The ps3 is going to get spanked this Holiday.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)