By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii not collecting dust - myth debunked

@theprof00 - my point was maybe they are counting every game played as a session despite the Wii being used continueously.

Otherwise I agree with you. If they are only useing the Wii 5-6 times a month it's highly unlikely they'd have 2 seperate sessions every time. Ridiculous really. If they used it daily, then yes 2 sessions a day makes sense.

Around the Network

I already said that

hmm you and i seem to be on the same page gamerace. I just wish there was more info, because this looks like spin to me. cleverly constructed spin.

@Theprof: Well i don't argue about the critizism about the method used. To me the averages itself make sense, where they are derived from, don't. If you check the first link in my previous post, you'll notice that it's pretty well in line with the other consoles and if you check out the 2005-2006 link, you'll notice that it tells that active gamers play average of 13 hours a week, so i'm betting that the numbers we are discussing here, are count for individuals (x number of hours per session times the number of sessions divided by the size of the household) would make better sense, in relation to the 2005-2006 research.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

HA
I thought you posted those links as a joke, lol my bad I'll check em out

anyways, you think they divide it by household size?

Around the Network

Makes sense sorta - Avg member of a household of 4 plays on Wii 5 times a month (IE: one person plays all the time, the rest, almost nothing). Wii is played 2 times a day with a 50 minute avg.

If that is true, then that would totally debunk everything. That would make Wii owners pretty damn core playing almost 2hrs a day. That doesn't seem likely either.

yeah i agree gamerace, that doesn't seem likely.

Cool. I guess.

I have 2.5+ hour game sessions on my PS3. And about 2 sessions on day....

4 ≈ One

and you also come to a game sales tracking website and talk extensively about gaming :P

@Theprof: That's the only way i can think the two very different numbers could make sense. After that, it's only a question about what kind of number they are using; is it a number used for everything, or a number in specific households.
You need to keep in mind, that Nielsen does studies for TV viewing, where the individuals habits are the most important thing.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.