By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best upcoming 1st party lineup?

Since Trestres said officially announced releases I would have to say the PS3 right now has the most which gives it an edge, although some games have shakely release dates.

...With Nintendo's position of not announcing games until they are assured a release, and Microsoft picking up on this now it's a hard one to tell...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

Ps3 has the best (god of war for sure), Wii and Xbox360 is about the same!!

why is Ms based so much on Halo, 3 halo games in 1 year??

Wii may have less titles put punch-out along with sin and punishment 2 should be great

but overall, Wii seems to have the best games in 2009, a lot of them!!
2009 will be the year of the Wii, so many awesome games are coming!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Leni said:

why is Ms based so much on Halo, 3 halo games in 1 year??

MS is milking the Halo franchise for sure, im waiting for Halo Party and Halo Kart still. jk jk, if i had a killer huge franchise like that im sure i'd do the same. Who wouldnt eh, its great marketing. Its working for Mario so why not let MS try it out heheh. Depending on everybody's taste i'd say they all have equally good line ups so everybody's a winner for 2009 ^__^

Any word on Arc the Lad on Wii? I seem to remember hearing some murmurs about it a couple of years ago but its been quiet since then.

Ps3 has best list, then 360, then Wii, but i guess it can change.

Around the Network

Opinion is everything. Some of you are saying that Zelda trumps it all, but God of War series is way better in my opinion(OoT not included, since is one of the best games ever), and also more expected. In fact, I bougth the PS3 partially because of it. But in quantity and variety the Ps3 rules, until they announce the wii games on making 2 weeks before launch...

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

@ V-rock

they already announced Halo Party. im not trolling its a halo board game type thing.

what are the requirements to be on the list? or do you need an actual title to add the new mario/zelda? also i would add dynamic slash and takt of magic since their spiritual prequels came to the west (earth defense force and lostmagic)

heres a question for people, do you really think that nintendo EAD will only bring wii sports resort in 2009? of course im not saying we could account for that on the list but the present situation is kinda unfair MS and nintendo

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

FOR NOW PS3 has the best list by far.

All nintendo need to do is add in Donkey Kong Country 4 n I'll be happy!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

trestres said:
Well, Pikmin 3 hasn't even been confirmed yet.

We know Nintendo is making a new Pikmin game, but it may not be a direct sequel to the GC games. Besides, how do we know it's a Wii game and not a DS game. For example, after Metroid Prime 1 and Metroid Prime 2, Nintendo made a side story game for the DS, Metroid Prime Hunters. So Pikmin may be a new DS game, with a sidestory. Same could be said for Zelda and Mario, we just don't know the platform.

Also Kid Icarus hasn't been hinted at by Nintendo themselves.

Pikmin 3, Zelda, and Mario was confirmed at E3 2008... by Miyamoto himself...Hell Miyamoto confirmed that the next CONSOLE Zelda was in development since before TP came out... he said he was taking it in a new direction with the motion controls... and that was the last we heard until E3 2008.

Zelda goes in cycles like always... console, handheld, console, handheld, (Wind Waker, Link to the Past GBA, TP, Phantom hourglass)

And Kid Icarus doesn't need to be hinted at from Nintendo when everyone on the inside knows it exists, who's developing it, etc.  It's been in dev for almost a year now if not a year already, hell the IGN guys got to play it...

Nintendo probably hasn't announced anything with a huge display of the games, release dates, etc. is because of their new gameplan, if they annouce a game not long before it releases there are fewer unhappy people bitching about release dates being pushed back and with the new crowd of gamers they don't want to seem like they'll never get their game or in some cases they don't IE Earthbound 64/ or Mother 3 which never came stateside.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo already wins for Sin and Punishment 2 alone. Punch Out and Trace Memory are just icing on the tasty cake.

Good to see you haven't changed, heh.