By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VgChartz Awards 2008

skeezer said:
ctk495 said:
How dare you steal my idea skeezy revive my thread and request this one to get lock.

O_o

Besides that thread is too full and people may not wanna read all over again. :P

:( but why? why? from all people out there I never thought a friend would do that to me*cry*

Around the Network

If you're going to do it, I suggest the following:

Start looking into what categories we should establish now. You can either do this yourself or, better yet, start a thread asking for ideas, to gauge interest. If there's not enough interest, don't bother proceeding. It may be best to ask a mod to start the thread, as their threads naturally attract more interest.

In a few weeks, post the categories, and ask for nominees. Again, start a thread for this, kind of like this site did with its Best Games for X Platform thing. Then, ask superetecoon to turn the categories and nominees into polls. Polls run in late December. In January, the results get announced.

It's a bit of work, though. Is anyone here interested enough to pick up the slack?

@Kirby, poor blob. :(

RolStoppable said:
I suggest the following categories:

Most popular member with a Kim Possible avatar
Most popular Austrian
Most annoying member
Biggest Nintendo fan
Member you wished to be permabanned

I should win at least one of these.

I would win all off those

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

cant believe someone said there are too many sony fanboys here. if anything this site has a heavy Nintendo bias. I have been lynched many a times for mentioning anything even remotely negative on the Wii. (counting controller sales as game sales & mentioning the price of wii with 4 wiimotes are the first that come to mind)

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
If you're going to do it, I suggest the following:

Start looking into what categories we should establish now. You can either do this yourself or, better yet, start a thread asking for ideas, to gauge interest. If there's not enough interest, don't bother proceeding. It may be best to ask a mod to start the thread, as their threads naturally attract more interest.

In a few weeks, post the categories, and ask for nominees. Again, start a thread for this, kind of like this site did with its Best Games for X Platform thing. Then, ask superetecoon to turn the categories and nominees into polls. Polls run in late December. In January, the results get announced.

It's a bit of work, though. Is anyone here interested enough to pick up the slack?

I guess this should be the thread to come up with the categories!!

^_^

1vgchartz dollar for every Zenfoldor vote.

Is there a "most arrogant ahole" category?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

RolStoppable said:
I suggest the following categories:

Most popular member with a Kim Possible avatar: GlingGling
Most popular Austrian: Vienna
Most annoying member: noname2200
Biggest Nintendo fan: nintendo_fangirl
Member you wished to be permabanned: noname2200

I should win at least one of these: Nope.

biggest fanboy:

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I suggest these categories (serious post)

Best User
Best Mod
Best New User
Best Avatar
Best Spammer
Best Poster
Post of the Year
Thread of the Year
Week (sales-wise) of the Year
Week (news-wise) of the Year
Best Sony Fanboy (and best MS and Nin)
Worst Sony Fanboy (and worst MS and Nin)
User who should be permabanned