By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The reason why PS2 was loved by game companies

darthdevidem01 said:
Pristine20 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

for me this gen is better

as I choose PS3 not a gamecube liek console as my first console ina gen

I got the PS2 in 06.....so last gen for me was crap!

Are you serious? The only excellent game I've played this gen is mgs4 in my opinion.

I had a gamecube for all of last gen.....n got a PS2 like 9 months before buying a PS3

what do you expect me to think...

I knew there was something fishy about that comment. The GC really got shafted last gen no wonder you're really happy with this gen.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Pristine20 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

Are you serious? The only excellent game I've played this gen is mgs4 in my opinion.

I had a gamecube for all of last gen.....n got a PS2 like 9 months before buying a PS3

I knew there was something fishy about that comment. The GC really got shafted last gen no wonder you're really happy with this gen.

I mean I had NO third party games (decent ones anyway)

First Party only 3 I had of which 2 were HUGe disappointments (pokemon colossuem & Super Mario Sunshine)

SSBM RULED THO!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I love my PS2 too bad it's not currently working :(

YEs the PS2 IS LOVED and will always be loved.

^_^

darthdevidem01 said:
Pristine20 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Pristine20 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@leo-j

I mean I had NO third party games (decent ones anyway)

First Party only 3 I had of which 2 were HUGe disappointments (pokemon colossuem & Super Mario Sunshine)

SSBM RULED THO!

That must've really sucked. I, on the other hand, had ZERO first party games. The only games from sony I played were the God of War series and I borrowed them from a friend.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Well to my opinion this gen is better to me, because I had a gamecube last gen, the ps3 has opened up a huge library to me, but vastly because I never owned a playstation console, and this is all new to me.

mM
Around the Network

@pristine

thats where my MS hate began

cus it was rumores MS made sure GC got NO 3rd Party games by paying of devs

so GC dint get SW Battlefront, Episode 3.....n loads of ye know just cool third party games!

leo-j said:
Well to my opinion this gen is better to me, because I had a gamecube last gen, the ps3 has opened up a huge library to me, but vastly because I never owned a playstation console, and this is all new to me.

So you never owned a PS2 or PS1?

^_^

@Leo-J

WTH

then how are FF7, n KH your "favorite games"

leo-j said:

You had a GC too? No wonder ps3 is turning out to be the GC of this gen...just kidding lol. If you had gotten a BC ps3, you would have discovered unlimited gaming goodness. I personally even prefer ps1 to ps2 because Square (my former fav company) was at it's best that gen.

The Gamecube wasn't as bad as you make it sound. It had pretty good versions of all of Nintendo's staples plus some of Capcom's best games in years. It was really hurting for JRPGs though, which is what made me get a PS2 as a side console.