By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where oh where has Afrika gone

I havent heard a word about this game for like a year now. on ebgames.com its says it realease date is 12/31/2007. I doubt its true

Predicted end of gen Results

PS3--------58,000,000  Ps3 takes the lead it late 2009 and never loses the lead again

Wii---------43,000,000 Wii fade starts to die out in summer 2008 and sales decrease

Xbox 360----27,000,000 

Around the Network

I thought there was some chatter about it at GDC?

We need Bods, he's been keeping an eye out for this game.

HEY BODHETSVA, CAN YOU HEAR ME, WHAT'S UP WITH AFRIKA?

they call it yelling, LOL.

To be honest I have know clue...but thats what I hate about games..where a developer makes a game..and gamers build so much hype on it and then the developer cancels the game...and leaves the gamers with a bad taste..thats what pisses me off...the last time I heard of Afrika was at the Tokyo Game Show 2006...more will probably show up at this year's TGS 07...who knows Sony might have gave up on it?? O_O but I really was looking forward to this game to...

Afrika - Sonys project H.A.M.M.E.R?

DaM To think that heavy rain(a sony made game) was listed for release on the xbox 360 in gamestop and gameinformer lmao!!!

mM
Around the Network

Nope, I guess nothing at GDC after all.... maybe we were just talking about it around here, the last coverage was E3 06.

Sony has some games in the pipeline to be released in the next months :Socom Confrontation ,Lair ,Heavenly Sword ,Ratchet and Clank ,Uncharted ,WIpeout HD ,Hot Shots Golf 5 ,Folklore ,even Killzone 2 isnt so far away .

But there are many others being developed .Once all the games of that list are released others will take its place as work-in developments in the pipeline .Games as The Getaway ,8 Days ,The Agency ...and Afrika .

Rath said:
Afrika - Sonys project H.A.M.M.E.R?

I hope not. Afrika looked SO much better than Hammer.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

"DaM To think that heavy rain(a sony made game) is listed for release on the xbox 360 in gamestop lmao!!!"
is it?. ahahaha anyway i love the heavy rain trailer..
i was captivated by the way they portrayed her emotions..
oh heres a link if anyones interested
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/10758.html

and the afrika trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/13318.html
its beautiful, save for the cheetah scene..
anyway, its a working title guys so it might not be called Afrika anymore..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Afrika didn't get cancelled - Phil said in an interview after the Sony press conference ,that the game comes along well and that it will be a pleasure for him to show it off at one of the following shows (LGC or TGS - more likely TGS , because it's being produced by a japanese studio)