By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Advance Wars: Dual Strike, because you want to play an awesome DS game.

DKII said:
At this point I'm holding out for the sequel.

That's my excuse too, whilst in secret I am feverishly looking for a copy I don't have to pay through the nose for.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

OK, I'm looking for this game online and the two places that I had already visit shows them at a very high price. The cheapest was maybe $30 used and it climbs up to like $80 and Amazon.com doesn't even stock it. This game was released like a year ago so why is the price is still high?

I got it used at Microplay for 34.99

The price wasn't great, but I figured it would probably be the only chance I'd have to get the game, so I dove in. And I am so glad that I did.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

You might want to check out Glory Days 2
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/strategy/glorydays2/news.html?sid=6161204&mode=previews

"Glory Days 2 is an action and strategy game in real time. Players fly various aircraft--plane, helicopter, V2 rocket, or Drone. To win the battle, a player must deploy his ground army and send it to the enemy command centre located at the opposite end of the map."

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

stof said:
Advance Wars DS is easily the deepest experience I've had on the DS so far. And it's insanely enjoyable. The strategy behind units, CO choices, Second Front management and so many other aspects, know no bounds. I'm not sure how long the campain is, but a few hours in and I'm still being introduced to new units and recieving tutorial like suggestions. I think the single player campaign will go on forever. But even if it doesn't, survival, war room, multiplayer and other options will ensure that this game never ends, or gets boring.

If you can find the game (and it is hard to find I think) GET IT! 

The only problem is the story. The story is dumb, and it's filled with silly anime characters. Punk kids with headphones, and cute girls with orange hair and cut off shirts should not be commanding armoured troops, nor should their banter and pointless stories go on forever and ever and ever making me wish they'd all just get blown up!

But the start button silences them quite nicely, and the subsequent game play is enthralling. It's actually got me really interested in Battalion wars, and excited for Battalion Wars 2.

Wow stof, you are ages behind. This game is OLD.  I have around 300+ hours clocked in, but that is of course because I got everything in the game.  Oh yeah, he's not really a punk kid. I don't know why, but when it was translated he became a stupid f*ck with slang and all, but in the original version he is polite and all.

And who are you to say who can command super strategic cartoon armies. How dare you....

I would have to guess this is your first advance wars game hahahahah. Good luck, your going to need it.

Around the Network

Almost forgot stof-     http://ds.ign.com/articles/804/804082p1.html

"E3 2007: Advance Wars DS 2 This Year
One of Nintendo's announcements goes under the radar.

Diamuerto - I know, I'm so behind. I don't have Elite Beat Agents or Mario Kart yet either.  But considering I only got my DS in April I think I'm doing ok. I tend to be behind the curve on the gaming front. No next gen consoles yet and I'm still discovering Xbox games. Which reminds me, everyone should get Knights of the Old Republic for Xbox too!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Augh!
Get Mario Kart and EBA now! Those are my two favorite DS games. And of course...those are the two games I've misplaced...
KOTOR is amazing.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Some guy in the area had his DS for sale on Craigslist with a bunch of games including this one. I was almost tempted to get it and sell the DS and other games I didn't want since it was actually a really good deal but I didn't have $170 at the time. Could have actually probably turned it around for a profit on ebay, too. Was watching ebay prices but I don't want to pay $30+ for a used game and I've got plenty to play for now.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Age of Empires DS is also a similar game and one of my favorites for the system so far.