By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Advance Wars: Dual Strike, because you want to play an awesome DS game.

Advance Wars DS is easily the deepest experience I've had on the DS so far. And it's insanely enjoyable. The strategy behind units, CO choices, Second Front management and so many other aspects, know no bounds. I'm not sure how long the campain is, but a few hours in and I'm still being introduced to new units and recieving tutorial like suggestions. I think the single player campaign will go on forever. But even if it doesn't, survival, war room, multiplayer and other options will ensure that this game never ends, or gets boring.

If you can find the game (and it is hard to find I think) GET IT! 

The only problem is the story. The story is dumb, and it's filled with silly anime characters. Punk kids with headphones, and cute girls with orange hair and cut off shirts should not be commanding armoured troops, nor should their banter and pointless stories go on forever and ever and ever making me wish they'd all just get blown up!

But the start button silences them quite nicely, and the subsequent game play is enthralling. It's actually got me really interested in Battalion wars, and excited for Battalion Wars 2.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I've had a hard time finding the game myself. Still on my To Buy List.

Couldn't agree more - I got hooked on the GBA version Advance Wars 2 and bought Advance Wars DS first day on release. The game record the hours spent playing, so far I have clocked up 322 hours. Makes the train rides into work feel like they never occured. Fave game ever on DS (I have around 20). (And now my 8 year old son is heavily into it as well) - Is it true about Advance Wars DS 2 coming this year?

Best Cricket Club in the World - Visit for Coaching Tips

http://www.engadinedragonscc.org.au

amazurkiewicz said:Is it true about Advance Wars DS 2 coming this year?

I Hope not! I'll be pissed if the sequel comes out anty earlier than O8. I won't be ready to move on at all till atleast next year!

And I've only logged 9 hours and 41 minutes so far. I've got a long, long, long way to go.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

It's a great game, as are all the games in the series. Battalion Wars is great too and I highly recommend you pick it up as well.

Around the Network

As far as announcements, I believe it IS supposed to come out this year (in Japan). It was one of the titles that many were upset did not show up at E3. Not too many DS games were shown.

I missed this game...I played the first Advance Wars on GBA...never owned it though...it was very fun though...perhaps this could be my next purchase...

Is Viewtiful Joe any good? I've never played any of those games...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
I missed this game...I played the first Advance Wars on GBA...never owned it though...it was very fun though...perhaps this could be my next purchase...

For Gamecube or DS? Not that I could help you since I haven't played either of them, but I was just curious.

stof said:
BenKenobi88 said:

For Gamecube or DS? Not that I could help you since I haven't played either of them, but I was just curious.

Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2, and Viewtiful Joe DS are all good, but for the love of god avoid Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble.  *Shudders at the memories of that horrible game*

At this point I'm holding out for the sequel.