By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Famitsu: The Last Remnant Scores 38/40, upto 80 hours long

I'm going to wait for a few more reviews before I make my decision. Famitsu did give FF 12 a 40/40. I'll need some RPG fan sites to give their input. Many times, mainstream Western reviews are done by FPS fans.

For jRPGs, Metacritic + 10% usually works for me. Valkyria is about a 97% quality game, and ToV is about a 92% quality game.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
Jason77 said:
Wow, want this game so much after seeing the Scores 38/40 and upto 80 hours long.
Hope the PS3 version can release earlier!!

i suspect announcement for pc and ps3 version will be made after launch of 360 version, i dont belive they will launch much later at all, mabey feb-march.............. any longer and it would b a finantial fail for square as big ne ip`s wont sell very well if they are rleased a long time after akin to eternal sonata.

ive seen some videos and game looks quite good, although battle system looks a bit confusing.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Well the review should help shift some 360's and TLR in Japan at least. Like I said US reviews and EU reviews will only give JRPG's with the words Final Fantasy on it AAA status. Which is sad because the majority of FF's arent AAA at all. Plenty better JRPG's out there.

selnor said:
Well the review should help shift some 360's and TLR in Japan at least. Like I said US reviews and EU reviews will only give JRPG's with the words Final Fantasy on it AAA status. Which is sad because the majority of FF's arent AAA at all. Plenty better JRPG's out there.

I disagree. I think the FF series has kept a consistantly AAA quality through its entire lifetime, and I don't believe there are any better jrpgs out there. I'd be interested in hearing you list a few.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
selnor said:

I disagree. I think the FF series has kept a consistantly AAA quality through its entire lifetime, and I don't believe there are any better jrpgs out there. I'd be interested in hearing you list a few.

The only FF's I consider AAA are FF2, FF6 and FF7. The rest for me fall between 6-8 /10.

Personally I prefer and enjoyed the likes of Suikoden 2, LO, The Tales series, KH 2, Persona 2 and even loved my playthrough of Skies Of Arcadia. But that smy opinion so.....

Around the Network
selnor said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
selnor said:

The only FF's I consider AAA are FF2, FF6 and FF7. The rest for me fall between 6-8 /10.

Personally I prefer and enjoyed the likes of Suikoden 2, LO, The Tales series, KH 2, Persona 2 and even loved my playthrough of Skies Of Arcadia. But that smy opinion so.....

Persona 3 got a lot of AAA scores.

Good score and I hope it shifts some more 360's here in JP. Next week's sales should be interesting :)
Unfortunately, for this one I'm not getting it right away. I still have ToV to play through (just started it), IU, LO(I just need to actually clear it, haha, waiting for the NXE so I can install it), and I'm getting Gears 2 soon in the mail, too many games to fit LR in.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

^oooh RPG discussion, well my personal tastes lean towards Dragon Warrior more than FF, as well as Phantasy Star, Tales series, Lunar, and definitely Skies of Arcadia. Unfortunately Skies was downplayed severely so many fanboys called the game a rip off Final Fantasy...I guess that's when I should've realized JRPGs are doomed in America...

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Famitsu has had a decent track record when it comes to calling good X360 games (imo):

TES: Oblivion: 38/40
The Last Remnant: 38/40
Blue Dragon: 37/40
Tales of Vesperia: 35/40
Eternal Sonata: 35/40
Lost Odyssey: 33/40
Infinite Undiscovery: 32/40
Enchanted Arms: 29/40

Except for the Lost Odyssey review, the list seems pretty solid. They gave Oblivion a very high score, despite the fact it's a virtual unknown in Japan. Some may argue Blue Dragon's score, but there's a contingent of us that believe the score is certainly justified.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I usually make my judgment on gamer word of mouth not review sites. I'm skeptical of the group battle system but we'll see how this turns out. FFXII got 40/40 from famitsu and many FF/JRPG fans dislike it.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler