By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I want to invite some girl out, any advise

vlad321 said:
madskillz said:
vlad321 said:
madskillz said:
NiKKoM said:
madskillz said:

Ok, for real now - get to know her as her friend. Realize your strengths and your weaknesses. And just find out if you like the things she likes. Friendship make take longer, but you can figure if she's a nutcase before you get involved. It's easier to sever the connection before bodily fluids are exchanged.

Beware of the Just Friends zone!!!! If you cross that you can never go back or get out of it!!! NEVER!!!

Actually, that is the best way to win a woman. It's a long story, but if you put enough effort into a friendship, it will turn. You'll get an opportunity - you just can't flub it up.

I have seen it happen firsthand. I had women who weren't attracted to me tell me to my face that even though I wasn't their *type* but they fell for me because they could trust me.

Knowing what I know now, if I was single again, any woman that I am friends with, I could have. No joke, dude. Dudes don't realize friends is the best way to go. You just have to ask yourself how far are you willing to go to win a woman's heart - and how much effort you are going to put into your quest.

*Achievement unlocked* - the key to her heart

Please refer to:

http://www.laddertheory.com/

The internetz clearly states that you are wrong, therefore you are wrong, sir.

LOLz!!!! Actually, I have first-hand proof of a situation where a woman did not want to be with me and just friends. Guess what? We've been married for nearly 7 years. Those clowns say it can't be done - and they want a quick fix of sorts. A lot of guys give up way too early. Want a particular woman? If she's not feeling you but wants you as a friend, wait. Trust ain't no joke.

Obviously she didn't kick you in the head and you didn't fall into the Abyss. It's a theory, it is NEVER wrong.

Actually, she did. She toyed with my emotions for 6 years. However, I knew she was the one. And truthfully, it's been one interesting ride.

Around the Network
madskillz said:
vlad321 said:
madskillz said:
vlad321 said:
madskillz said:
NiKKoM said:
madskillz said:

Ok, for real now - get to know her as her friend. Realize your strengths and your weaknesses. And just find out if you like the things she likes. Friendship make take longer, but you can figure if she's a nutcase before you get involved. It's easier to sever the connection before bodily fluids are exchanged.

Beware of the Just Friends zone!!!! If you cross that you can never go back or get out of it!!! NEVER!!!

Actually, that is the best way to win a woman. It's a long story, but if you put enough effort into a friendship, it will turn. You'll get an opportunity - you just can't flub it up.

I have seen it happen firsthand. I had women who weren't attracted to me tell me to my face that even though I wasn't their *type* but they fell for me because they could trust me.

Knowing what I know now, if I was single again, any woman that I am friends with, I could have. No joke, dude. Dudes don't realize friends is the best way to go. You just have to ask yourself how far are you willing to go to win a woman's heart - and how much effort you are going to put into your quest.

*Achievement unlocked* - the key to her heart

Please refer to:

http://www.laddertheory.com/

The internetz clearly states that you are wrong, therefore you are wrong, sir.

LOLz!!!! Actually, I have first-hand proof of a situation where a woman did not want to be with me and just friends. Guess what? We've been married for nearly 7 years. Those clowns say it can't be done - and they want a quick fix of sorts. A lot of guys give up way too early. Want a particular woman? If she's not feeling you but wants you as a friend, wait. Trust ain't no joke.

Obviously she didn't kick you in the head and you didn't fall into the Abyss. It's a theory, it is NEVER wrong.

Actually, she did. She toyed with my emotions for 6 years. However, I knew she was the one. And truthfully, it's been one interesting ride.

You climbed yourself out of the Abyss? Right ontot the Good Ladder? Onyx, he shall be our cult's leader.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

The only bad thing about the friends for a long time then lovers transition is it usually takes A LONG time. It can happen, but you may be staking things out like the U.S. trying to keep the peace in Iraq, for way longer than you would expect. I wasted at least a year and a half trying to make the transition with this one girl.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Completely OT here:

Since you have been driven to one of the last places to turn for help (an internet forum) I'm guessing you are one of the shy guys that has trouble getting to know the girl. I have the exact same problem, so I found a nice work around. Find some of her guy friends and start hanging out with them a little, could be girl firends too, I find it 01 times easier to go up to and talk to a girl I'm not aiming for than THE one. Eventually you will start hanging out with them more and soon you will meet her. Now this is the key part. You can't be shy around her at all. Just talk to her and have fun with her like you would any normal girl and eventually assk her out. HOWEVER, the MOST IMPORTANT part of this is that you must ALWAYS keep to the Ladder Theory. I can't stress how important the Ladder Theory is.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

madskillz said:
steven787 said:
Sorry, I just kinda skimmed the thread... Why would hitoriki try to date his mom?

Read this thread, especially my posts. I'm really smart and hip with the ladies.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47607

Man, Rubang, Oxymeth and my comments about the mom and Calvin Klein were Back to the Future references.

I think steven was the first person in the thread to mention a mom, and I really have no idea what he was talking about.

Around the Network

One really effective way to make initial contact with a girl is to have a conversation with someone else who is around her (preferably a funny one), and then once you see her laugh you can say something to her or once you see a point in the conversation where you think you she could have something to say, you could ask, "What do you think?" or some more specific variation on that.

Girls hate the feeling like they are being hunted, at least most of them. The more comfortable they feel around you during the initial contact, the better.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Move along nothing to see here...

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

vlad321 said:
Completely OT here:

Since you have been driven to one of the last places to turn for help (an internet forum) I'm guessing you are one of the shy guys that has trouble getting to know the girl. I have the exact same problem, so I found a nice work around. Find some of her guy friends and start hanging out with them a little, could be girl firends too, I find it 01 times easier to go up to and talk to a girl I'm not aiming for than THE one. Eventually you will start hanging out with them more and soon you will meet her. Now this is the key part. You can't be shy around her at all. Just talk to her and have fun with her like you would any normal girl and eventually assk her out. HOWEVER, the MOST IMPORTANT part of this is that you must ALWAYS keep to the Ladder Theory. I can't stress how important the Ladder Theory is.

I can't believe I have been an intellectual whore in the past. It makes me want to take a shower to get the dirt off.

@Madskillz-Congrats, you are a champion of Ladder Theory.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I'd have a few conversations with her before hinting that I wanted to ask her out, personally.

Of course, I don't know if you wanna take my advice...because I'm more of the 'friends first' type...

steven787 said:
What's back to the future? Who's Calvin?

Blasphemy.