By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My Gaming Setup - What is missing?

A Xbox 360 Elite would fit better there.

Around the Network

I would definitely own more games for both console.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Neoraf said:

How big is your TV?

A 46" LCD Sharp Aquos 1080p 60hz.

As for the Wii thing... I'm a HD Gamer.
HD Gaming or No Gaming for me. 

If the Wii was able to perform 720p or 1080p, it would be in my Setup tomorrow.

I might be wrong, but it seems that you are trying to bait the Wii fanboys with this thread.  Regardless, I think this guy most eloquently summarizes my feelings towards your game selection.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/8-Halo-3

Neoraf work on your sound setup. Having 5 speakers in front does you no good. I currently have a 7.1 channel setup. Your setup should look like the link below.

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/home_entertainment/roomlayout2.html

By not having your speakers setup correctly you are missing the fun of the sound. In Gears and Gears 2 hearing a helicopter go from front to back or vice-verse is great. Blu-Ray sound as well. Set'em up right. If you need help give me a holla.

Also floor speakers don't give you the best sound buy satellites look at Polk Audio, JBL and others. Get some stands and raise them off the floor.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

XGamer0611 said:
Neoraf work on your sound setup. Having 5 speakers in front does you no good. I currently have a 7.1 channel setup. Your setup should look like the link below.

By not having your speakers setup correctly you are missing the fun of the sound. In Gears and Gears 2 hearing a helicopter go from front to back or vice-verse is great. Blu-Ray sound as well. Set'em up right. If you need help give me a holla.

Also floor speakers don't give you the best sound buy satellites look at Polk Audio, JBL and others. Get some stands and raise them off the floor.

Center, Front L, Front R, Presence L, Presence R.

I now have 5 speakers in front of me, and it works perfectly, but either way, if those are indeed presence speakers, then they should be mounted above the TV instead of sitting below.

I also have my Surround L, Surround R, Back L, Back R.

EDIT: oh, and Floor speakers give just as good, if not better sound than satellites. They typically have a smoother response over a larger frequency range (so like 40hz-20khz) compared to their equivalent satellite speakers (~80hz-18khz). Which allows you to set your sub-woofer to a better cutoff point and not force it to compensate for the satellite speakers inadequacies.

Also, I can't believe you would recommend JBL, when they are crap compared to the good brands.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
XGamer0611 said:

Center, Front L, Front R, Presense L, Presense R.

I now have 5 speakers in front of me, and it works perfectly, but either way, if those are indeed presense speakers, then they should be mounted above the TV instead of sitting below.

nordlead, you have a 9.1 channel setup? If so cool, I should have one of those by February.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

XGamer0611 said:
nordlead said:
XGamer0611 said:

Center, Front L, Front R, Presense L, Presense R.

I now have 5 speakers in front of me, and it works perfectly, but either way, if those are indeed presense speakers, then they should be mounted above the TV instead of sitting below.

nordlead, you have a 9.1 channel setup? If so cool, I should have one of those by February.

no, it is a 7.2 setup with a zone 2 control which can be used as presence speakers.

EDIT again: or at least that is how it is clasified by yamaha.

EDIT: oh, and I don't have the speakers yet, just the amp. I'm working on building my collection, but the speakers I'm looking to buy run ~2k for just the front and center.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Pretty much a nice micro atx setup hooked up to the monitor. You could trade in your 360 and ps3 and all those games and probably build a nice box. I mean, you said you're an HD gamer right? PC kills the everloving snot out of console HD gaming. Maybe you're not a TRUE HD gamer ;)

You seem to be lacking a Wii. Which means you don't even have a gaming set up. It's just a HD gaming set up.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

You definitely have a nice HDTV. As everyone mentioned above your surround sound isn't set up properly with 5 speakers loaded in the front. I can't tell from the picture, but you also likely want to get an HDMI receiver for HD sound. HD lossless sound from an uncompressed PCM track or TrueHD is one of the most impressive things about high definition blu-ray movies and games.

Oh and you need more PS3 games and blu-ray movies! >The best demo material you have is Blue Planet. You should get an animated movie on blu-ray to really show off your HDTV. Those are the cleanest transfers with the best colors and contrast your HDTV can display. I highly recommend Kung Fu Panda.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1738/kungfupanda.html