By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America numbers up!

kirby007 said:
lol at sony boys

i though Gear 2 wouldn't sell consoles???

explain me

I don't think it is.... it's the time of the year when consoles sell quite well isn't it???? This time of the year+ the 360 price..... That's what I think it is....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:
Very surprising for the X360. Should hit 250k for the week with Japan added in.

Overall, healthy sales all around. I keep forgetting there's economic trouble at all.

Vg industry is recession proof!!!!!!!!

BTW why are you surprised.....GEOW 2 came out....didn't HAlo 2 sell consoles??

What about the many dozens of fanboys that have said over, and over, and over and over that "Everyone that wants Gears of War 2 already owns a X360". Maybe I just bought into their flawed logic too much :-p

Yes you did (especially if you looked at predictions by a certain crazy shark we are all fond of).....personally I expected it to get close to wii like the Halo 3 launch. (look in Kirby's thread on it)

But I could never have expected wii to get SO DAMNED HIGH!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Kenology said:
coasterlove said:
Even as a Wii fan, I don't understand how it outsells the competition by so much. It didn't really have any big game as mentioned by youjiro and the Xbox 360 had a major game release along with the fact you can get the 360 cheaper or for little more than a Wii depending on what version you get. I had been thinking the PS3 would eventually pass the 360 but as the weeks continue to look like this, I don't know.

Just because there aren't any bigs games released (sans Animal Crossing), there is still a backlog of awesome titles people can pick up for the Wii for much cheaper. 

Of course obviously but the same is true of the other systems as well. It's just incredible how much the Wii is selling though. I love it though because this should only help the 3rd party's lack of good software. Of course, we'll get more shovelware.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=27011

I'm still amazed he dared make this prediction. And even if this is the ramp-up for the holidays, and as such doesn't exactly qualify, it's seeming less and less crazy. I love it when crazy predictions turn out not so crazy after all. :)

This is invisible text!

Dgc1808 said:
kirby007 said:
lol at sony boys

i though Gear 2 wouldn't sell consoles???

explain me

I don't think it is.... it's the time of the year when consoles sell quite well isn't it???? This time of the year+ the 360 price..... That's what I think it is....

seems fair but the other didn't think that way about gears

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

GO Wii GO

My Xbox 360 just started making a particularly annoying sound.

Xbox 360 gloating confirmed?

Tease.

Jeez. Nintendo won't need to ever release another game at this rate. Those Wii's seem to sell themselves.

Sony for pity's sake

CUT THE PS3 PRICE NOW ! ! !

Christmas can still be saved

Squilliam said:
My Xbox 360 just started making a particularly annoying sound.

Xbox 360 gloating confirmed?

no no....thats how it sounds like normally anyway.....

lol couldn't help it!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey