By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America numbers up!

I can't wait for software sales.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Around the Network

*Not Impressed*....

4 ≈ One

darthdevidem01 said:
where did you get Na PS2 numbers from??

Got it from VG Chartz

I wonder how Valykria Chronicles will sell.

coasterlove said:
Even as a Wii fan, I don't understand how it outsells the competition by so much. It didn't really have any big game as mentioned by youjiro and the Xbox 360 had a major game release along with the fact you can get the 360 cheaper or for little more than a Wii depending on what version you get. I had been thinking the PS3 would eventually pass the 360 but as the weeks continue to look like this, I don't know.

Just because there aren't any bigs games released (sans Animal Crossing), there is still a backlog of awesome titles people can pick up for the Wii for much cheaper. 

Around the Network

I post this every week, but Nintendo is ridiculous. Good for them. I still think it's bad for gaming in the long run, in terms of the hardcore. I thought so before I had one, and then I won one, and now I am sure it's bad for the hardcore. But sales numbers for the Halos and Metal Gears and Fables and Gears of Wars and the like help counteract it. There will always be big hardcore games. But I fear we are going to get fewer and fewer titles to compete against those big games - less new IP in the future that isn't casual. We shall see.

I find it hard to believe as well that PS3 isn't in some serious trouble over the next 6 months. If those PS2 numbers are right, 360 is nearly outselling PS3 and PS2 combined in North America. And Wii is outselling all three combined, almost. Sony's got problems until they can get that price down. And even if they do, it's hard to get big gains in marketshare a couple years into the cycle.

Just as Wii's are selling because people see them everywhere at friends' houses, the same is true for 360. Don't underestimate the lure of people buying what your friends have in America. If people want the social experience of Live or PSN, they are going to often buy what their friends have. I've seen that happen first hand several times. I have 20 or so real world friends on my Live list, but only 2 on PSN. In the past year at least 4 of them bought 360 over PS3 just so they'd have more people to play with.

If 360 outsells PS3 worldwide by even a million more in Q3/Q4, I think PS3 will never catch up. And if I am not mistaken we are at nearly 300k already.

Surprising stuff. I really didn't think 360 was going to put up this kind of fight. Lots of people said that PS3 had a clearly better catalog of games coming this year, and it really didn't turn out that way with Fable and Gears delivering big, and Fallout 3 running better on 360 and the like. On the flipside, Resistance and Little Big Planet don't look like they are catching fire the way we might have thought, though each are selling quite well. Even MGS4 didn't have any legs.

Curiouser and curiouser with each passing week.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

@gilgamesh

where it dusn't say PS2 numbers on the front page

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

leo-j said:
Wow the wii is doing unbelieveable, I dont understand why

Why some of you guys think that people have to buy the systems just for future releases?

Yes, people wants a Wii, and yes, the Wii doesn't have a lot of great games coming this holiday season (Mushroom Man, Deadly Creaturesm Tales and Animal Crossing are my Wii titles for this holiday)...

There are a lot of great games for the Wii... Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Metroid, Zelda, SSBB, Wario... people also buy the system for those games.

And 2009 looks a lot better in terms of third party games...

Looks like the 360 has clawed up to a 300k lead for Q3/Q4

I think it has a decent chance of holding that lead with Japanese numbers coming in later this week.

I wonder if it'll hit 500k in a few weeks?

Tease.

Wow 360 sales are awesome. Go 360. They are all up though.