By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Go PSP!!!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
axumblade said:
leo-j said:
Wow the wii is doing unbelieveable, I dont understand why

Paranoia.

People who were planning on getting a Wii this year for their children are afraid of waiting until the last minute again.

Yep, it's people who are worried that the Wii will be out of stock.  And it is people who are reselling it on ebay.  No one is actually buying it because they want it.

@Ail: Then why do you always troll against the Wii if it hasn't affected you as you said?
Simply stop posting flamebait and hate when there's Wii success, and I'll believe you

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Wow, what's up with all the PS3 doom and gloom in this thread?

fastyxx said:

That's probably the most insightful comment in the thread.  Good point.

But I would argue that there are a LOT of Wii Sports/Wii Play -only consoles out there, and that it really isn't THAT much different.

I do really like your point, though.

The reason I think those people that only play Wii Sports/Play/Fit are bad for gamers though is because it's undeniable that developers are putting teams on games that chase that audience rather than making the next great 3rd party gamer's game.  One of my best friends went to work for E.A. a decade ago hoping to make hardcore games.  He's been stuck making outfits for Sims for about six years now.  It happens.

That is a false dichotomy. You assume that games will either appeal to the Wii Sports/Play crowd, or the Gamer crowd and never both. Fact of the matter is must gamers don't like the Gamer's games. Notice how no game released in at least the last 3 generatiosn has hit a 50% attach rate? It turns out gamers have an extremely diverse taste as a group. All this does is throw in another genre that needs to be catered to while not harming any other genre at all. The rise of the FPS did not kill the RPG. The rise of the fighter did not kill the platformer. The rise of "casual" games will not kill any other genre, let alone all of them at once.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Xbox 360 sales are AWESOME!

Microsoft is strong, as ever.

My Gaming Setup

DMeisterJ said:
Wow, what's up with all the PS3 doom and gloom in this thread?

I'm a PS3 fan, and I think 78k is still very solid for the system. This is the first week though that the PS3 has taken a drop year over year (1%), but I think Sony ought to drop the price. I just don't think they should try and ride the wave.

illuminatus said:
the curve of the Wii sales of the past 5 weeks in NA kinda looks unnatural...

the December probably will have weaker sales than expected.

Great logic!

Would you like to bet on that?

Jai93485 said:
Zucas said:
Ungodly for Wii and DS. NOt a bad increase either on the 360 side from Gears of War 2 but my attention goes to the Playstation brand. 3 last places in America is not something you want to see if your Sony. Not to mention PS3 way behind the likes of Wii and DS in the region along with PSP not competing with DS in the region. PS2 is doing all it can but of course this is natural for it.

My question is, how can Sony expect to survive in this market it if it can't compete in the largest single country. Not to mention even with those 3 products doing much better in the other 2 regions, it's still not good with this. Something needs to be done with the PSP and PS3 to help because PS2 can't help inflate numbers forever.

I think the problem here is that Sony isn't concerned about losing marketshare. It appears, that they think the chances of taking second isn't exactly great (although very much possible), and because of that, they feel that they might as well taken in as much revenue as possible. And since 78k is still a very respectable number considering the price gaps...they're probably going to see no reason to drop the price now, when they can do it later (sometime next year). This is all a theory, and I find it all unfortunate. Sony is still on track to sell a similar amount of hardware compared to last year.

Really, how much is taking second worth in this situation.  It is most certainly not their start of gen strategy, as they planned on just blowing everyone else away, but if they fight hard and spend a lot of money to take second how much more software will they sell.  Whatever that number is the risk of the hard fight for second strategy may not justify it as much as coasting in third, making money a lot of money off of software, and preparing for a strong showing next gen.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

Ail said:
trestres said:
Ohh the bitterness in Ail is just hilarious lol :P

Btw you are posting right now! Go play your games, you won't have enough time, right?

I can't bring my console to work or I would :((((

I'm not bitter, the success of the Wii hasn't affected my gaming at all and I'm not the one making bitter thread about the lack of releases on my consoles or the poor quality of third party software...

I am forced to offer my +1 manship. The Wii may have a large market share, but I doubt it has more than 1/3rd of the market I actually care about.

Tease.