By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you elect an Atheist?

hsrob said:
MrBubbles said:
i think my points been proven by a number of people, who in a thread about voting for an atheist, felt the need to attack religion.

Please........ you came into this thread and on the sixth post, with all previous posts being neutral said, "a lot of atheists arent very nice people..."

I could keep typing but i'll just refer you back to my first post.

yeah...the post where you go off topic to attack religious people in an attempt to prove my point.  you had nothing to contribute to the topic and did not have a rebuttal so fell back on what most atheists do best...try to attack someone else.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
hsrob said:
MrBubbles said:
i think my points been proven by a number of people, who in a thread about voting for an atheist, felt the need to attack religion.

Please........ you came into this thread and on the sixth post, with all previous posts being neutral said, "a lot of atheists arent very nice people..."

yeah...the post where you go off topic to attack religious people in an attempt to prove my point.  you had nothing to contribute to the topic and did not have a rebuttal so fell back on what atheists do best...try to attack someone else.

Whether he did exactly what you said doesn't matter. If you weren't the first one to throw a punch then he probably wouldn't have ventured there himself.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

yes, the religion of a candidate is not really a factor for me.

My definition of fanboy: An idiot that misses 2/3 of the fun.

god wouldn't let me

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

MrBubbles said:
hsrob said:
MrBubbles said:

yeah...the post where you go off topic to attack religious people in an attempt to prove my point.  you had nothing to contribute to the topic and did not have a rebuttal so fell back on what atheists do best...try to attack someone else.

And you didn't attack anyone? The first thing you did here was attack us atheists saying that a lot of us weren't nice people, before anyone had said anything negative. You shouldn't criticize what others do if you're the first one who does it

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
hsrob said:
MrBubbles said:

Could you refrain from generalizing all atheists and insulting all of us?  Or are you too grumpy now?

Sure?

Better that that filthy deist Abe Lincoln.

I don't believe half the people elected to the government actually do believe in the stuff they say they do anyway... unless they've got a super secret playbook that I don't have access to.

@Mr Bubbles: I addressed the topic in my first post, stating that i would like to keep religion and state separate, meaning i don't care if the head of state is religious or atheist but it should not unduly affect their policies.

I was at least polite enough to say that religious people "CAN be........" rather than falling to gross generalisations.

I find it curious that SOME religous people feel it is ok to 'attack' atheists, but if an atheist person 'attacks' someone of religion they are deemed to be religiously insensitive. Religious people don't have a monopoly on being sensitive about their beliefs.

I think it'll be atleast 20 years before an Atheist would stand a chance in a U.S. presidential election (not saying win, just have a chance to win).

But among western Democracies, the U.S. would be the notable stand out. In most other countries, it would only be a deal breaker amongst more conservative or religious parties. In Canada, it wouldn't matter if the Liberals or NDP ran an atheist, because the only people that would care about it would probably already be voting conservative anyways.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
I think it'll be atleast 20 years before an Atheist would stand a chance in a U.S. presidential election (not saying win, just have a chance to win).

But among western Democracies, the U.S. would be the notable stand out. In most other countries, it would only be a deal breaker amongst more conservative or religious parties. In Canada, it wouldn't matter if the Liberals or NDP ran an atheist, because the only people that would care about it would probably already be voting conservative anyways.

Not that i don't doubt you... but does any country other then the US...even have an Atheist politican elected to an office or ever has?   I mean i'm sure they probably do, i've just found no info on it.

The US... has at least one Atheist congressman though, so i don't think it's as big a deal as people make it out to be.