By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First AAA JRPG of this generation?

Lolcislaw said:
I still dont understand some low reviews for JRGP's , Lost Odyssey and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn are only on 78 in metacritic (with some ridicilous complaints about FE, like being too hard or too hardcore lol). And with low review for Tales of Symphonia.

FF is not even that good anymore and reviewers still go mental about it

They complained that LO has technical issues and loading times.  Some also thought that the pacing was too slow.

Around the Network

This generation for gaming means:
DS, PSP, Wii, 360 and PS3.

The World Ends With You fits the bill. I think the first Console RPG this generation will be Final Fantasy 13....simply because it is Final Fantasy, all main Final Fantasy games (no idea about 11) get 90 +.

Vanadium2k8 said:
I think only Final Fantasy can get to AAA, sadly enough.

And this is why I don't follow reviews, it's quite obvious hype is a huge part of the score.

ToS:DotNW is(or was) one of the most hyped third party games on the Wii so you can scratch off that theory.

Riachu said:
Vanadium2k8 said:

And this is why I don't follow reviews, it's quite obvious hype is a huge part of the score.

ToS:DotNW is(or was) one of the most hyped third party games on the Wii so you can scratch off that theory.

Soriku, and me don't count as hype. No site was really hyping it, only fans were.

FFXIII, Versus and Agito are certain AAA titles, honestly though of all of them I believe Agito will be the one which receives the highest ratings, then FFXIII and finally Versus. Agito has so many features I am amazed by it, online co-op for example is something I am astounded by, a PSP FF has it but not the 2 console versions. :/

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Riachu said:
Vanadium2k8 said:

Soriku, and me don't count as hype. No site was really hyping it, only fans were.

We can still scratch off that theory because Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon were both very hyped yet that didn't stop reviewers from being a little critical towards them.

Acevil said:
Riachu said:
Vanadium2k8 said:

Just like me and four others were hyping VC. It's getting phenominal scores.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Acevil said:
Riachu said:
Vanadium2k8 said:

Tales of Symphonia 2 only got 1 bad review, and that is from a guy who doesn't seem to like the genre, but you already wrote is off.  So what does it matter. Which is strange because you are in most of Tales of Symphonia threads. Also I never said VC was bad or influenced by hype, I was just commenting on what Riachu wrote.

outlawauron said:
Acevil said:
Riachu said:
Vanadium2k8 said:

That pretty much proves that hype doesn't influence review score as VC didn't get much hype but reviewers loved it.  I could name several other games that had little to no hype while reviewers loved them.

Riachu said:
Vanadium2k8 said:

One of the most hyped 3rd party games for the Wii isn't saying much.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million