By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who has Valkyria Chronicles now?

I'm about to buy it, but I'm worried about the length of the game. Anyone out there with insight if the replay value is long enough to justify the cost? Coz if it's a rather short game, I'll just rent it..

Around the Network

I'm 18 hours in with no signs of the ending, and I've heard rumblings about the game being 60 hours long, though I cannot confirm or deny that.

18 hours? holy crap. can anyone confirm this?

More or less 40 hours if you're very good (which means ending all your battles in less than 5 rounds), and if you go straight to the point skipping the skippable cutscenes (main story or reports) and without adding any skirmish or side battles.

But nobody can be that fast ^^

Edit : I confirm, I played for more than 15 hours to get to chapter 10 (had a hard time on the stealth mission of chapter 8 with Ty the Immortal who isn't really immortal after all). Oh and the good thing about VC is that you can save your game at any time during a battle and they can be pretty long sometimes (the Maximilian tank battle took me about 40 minutes to complete).

it's really that long....?

Around the Network

well its an RPG after all and RPG are known for their long length 100+ hours ala final fantasies, so I wouldn't be all too concerned about the games length. And i'm sure replayability wouldn't be an issue too =D

I loved the demo and might consider picking this up!

Correction its an SRPG.

mM

I've finished it in 43 hours. There is a "Clear" mode which opens after you finish the game and features some additional stuff like hard level of difficulty in skirmishes. So there is a plenty of things to do after you've finished the game.

I have it but havent got around to playing it yet

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

i'm at just over 15hours and i'm on chapter 11... but that doesnt uinclude all the times i've failed a mission or started from a last save because i did something stupid

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!