By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie states Wii has "2.8 million unit installed base".

link: http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/features/125669.shtml

seems like a considerable gap between VGchartz numbers and what Reggie has stated.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

What was cumulative userbase given by NPD for the Wii last time they gave data ?

::sigh:: Is this guy for real? Another account just created to question VGChartz numbers. And I guess PS3 numbers need to be decreased too, since Reggie said Sony had less than half the 2.8 million unit installed base.

Edit:  I'm sure this can esily be discounted, I just don't care to put the effort into it, it's not worth it.  The article was dated 7/27/07, but when was the actual interview.  And was Reggie only talking US number?  World Wide?  Whatever, the thread needs locked.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Well ,maybe its only US userbase ....add to that Canada userbase and you have pretty much the number of the frontpage .

me thinks he is quoting off the numbers released along with the annual yearly report which ended on april 2007.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network

This article seems to be based on an interview from just after E3 but before NPD numbers came out for June on the 23rd of July.

That means Reggie is citing May NPD numbers - by which point Wii had only a 2.8 million userbase in the USA.

Through June, that number was over 3.15 million in the USA.

Lastly, Vgchartz numbers are through July 22 - not June 2 - as May NPD is.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

As the Wii is in short supply I guess however many they stated they have shipped is virtually what they have sold so it's much easier to work out than Sony's figures as with them we don't know how many are unsold.

Lol... Another account, just to question VGCHARTS numbers?!... Hateboys seem to find their way to this site nowadays!... Pfff... Just like the guy who claimed PS3 had sold 6 mil units... Whaha i was laughing my ass of!... 6 mil units of PS3 sold?!... To what?! Freakin ants?! No-way that they did that! Just ban those guys immediately!

(Ow wait... He got banned. Nice!)

THE NETHERLANDS