By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Afrika & Aquanaut's Holiday English Version for PS3 are Coming!

For gamers who wants to have English version of Afrika or Aquanaut's Holiday, there is a good news.

I just downloaded a trailer of Aquanaut's Holiday (PS3) in HK PSN and it states that the game will be released in Novemeber, with Chinese/English dual language.

On the other hand, a HK web site also states that Hakuna Matata (formerly Afrika) will be released on 11th Dec 2008, also with Chinese/English dual language.

So if you want to play either of these games before any announcements of a US/EU version, you may consider to import it from HK!  The price should be much cheaper (below US$40).

Around the Network

I'm sorry, but I still laugh after every time I see Hakuna Matata.  Possibly one of the dumber moves I've seen in a while.

Good find for people that want to play that game though.

Old, sorry.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=44036

Is Afrika even coming to NA?

Update: Aquanaut's Holiday Chi/Eng version will be released on 20th Nov in HK.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

I'm sorry, but I still laugh after every time I see Hakuna Matata.  Possibly one of the dumber moves I've seen in a while.

when you where when nintendo presented wii music at the e3?

Jo21 said:
twesterm said:

when you where when nintendo presented wii music at the e3?

In a thread about TWO SONY FRANCHISES, where SONY FRANCHISES are being talked about in the SONY FORUMS. You bring up a nintendo thing, bravo....bravo.

Afrika will not sell very well. I wouldn't even give the game a shot at 100k sales.

The advertisement didn't help the sales either. Yes they played it as a relaxing game, but a guy going to sleep while playing it gives out the wrong message.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Afrika will not sell very well. I wouldn't even give the game a shot at 100k sales.

Well, Asian region is pretty small, maybe only 300k - 400k PS3s, a very rough rule of thumb is Asian PS3 market is around ~15% of Japan. Afrika sold around 60k in Japan, so if it had a similar attach rate in Asia then the Asian version would only add around another 10k in sales. So unless Afrika gets released by SCEE or SCEA then as you say, 100k is unlikely.