By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon Diamond smaller then GB versions! WTF?!

Soriku said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I bought the game...I have one badge! I haven't really touched it since then...I'm not really into Pokemon...

Then why buy it? >_>

I dunno...you tell me?  I hardly played any of the games before.  Everyone called me a sinner for not growing up with Pokemon...and since this game is much like the previous ones, I gave it a shot.

It wasn't bad...I just haven't had the urge to play it...I'm a very casual DS gamer...I haven't beaten Metroid Prime Hunters, FFIII, and a couple others, cause I get a new game and enjoy it more, or I'm just distracted by other stuff...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Soriku said:
BenKenobi88 said:
I bought the game...I have one badge! I haven't really touched it since then...I'm not really into Pokemon...

Then why buy it? >_>

I dunno...you tell me?  I hardly played any of the games before.  Everyone called me a sinner for not growing up with Pokemon...and since this game is much like the previous ones, I gave it a shot.

It wasn't bad...I just haven't had the urge to play it...I'm a very casual DS gamer...I haven't beaten Metroid Prime Hunters, FFIII, and a couple others, cause I get a new game and enjoy it more, or I'm just distracted by other stuff...

ghaha ... Me too... I still have to finish Godfather: Blackhand edition, Mario strikers Charged, Metroid prime hunters, Diddy kong racing, Second sight, Timesplitters 2, Beyond good and evil etc... Im in all of the games... But when i was at 30-70%... I found another game which i wanted to add to my collection... And allas, i played the new one. Without going back to the old one cuzz then i'd already have a new one.

Ow... Just wanted to say this: I just got a DSlite!... ... Really nice!... Now i have eehrm... A DSphat Blue limited edition. And a White DSlite... And i like it! I'm playing Pokémon Diamond on it... Kinda like the old ones! But its nice!

And just to get this straight:

So we have 8 badges?!

And u CAN catch 450 pokémon in THE WILD. but the other 30 u have to get from the other versions?!...

Btw: Online is nice, NICE NICE!!!

THE NETHERLANDS

Pokemon Red was the single greatest pokemon game ever and it only had 151 and 8 badges.

I wish they would make another game with pretty much only the original 151 pokemon. I would buy it in a shot.

Yeah... Right u are!... I only know all of the first 150 pokémon names... Cuzz then i was ~6-7 years old. I think their designs are the best too!... The other 100... I kinda know... The other 200... I'm like... WTF?! ... But hey... It's kinda fun, but it was rather embarrasing to buy the game at a gameshop. Those guys really know me cuzz im there like twice a week... I always talk with em about new game releases and sales and stuff... They know i have some knowledge about it cuzz i don't buy crappy games and shit but when i came walkin towards em with Pokémon in my hands... They looked at me like, hu?!... But hey ... Im enjoying it so far...

THE NETHERLANDS

Tispower said:

so you have to get the national dex first? (I think that's after you beat the elite four isn't it).

Actually you could get it before the elite 4. I too have this game. I got all eight badges and beat the elite 4.

Here's a tip to help those who beat the game already get some good money and exp. Battle the elite 4 again and have the pokemon that enters battle first hold an amulet coin to double your cash. I've done this about 30 times! You can also train low level pokemon by giving them an exp. share. They'll get get around 1,000 exp. Hope this helps.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Around the Network

Alot of pokemon fans hehe, the fire monkey is infernape, I own torterra tha bes one. Also I have deoxyz mew watever, but when you have those pokemon the replay value drops from common to rare.

mM

In case it has not been confirmed yet.... Yes, there are only 8 badges.

I have about 300 hours logged in already. There is tons to do afterwards. The game has a lot of depth + online. I especially like the underground.

Did it feel shorter? Nope. The only difference I noticed is that it plays slower than the previous ones, as far as the battles playing out.

The big difference is the amount of gameplay time. The base plot takes some 70 hours to complete and the extra stuff afterwords (due to online trading and tournaments) basically makes the game have endless replay value.

LOL!
You European players are so funny.............

First off you cannot capture 450 pokemon in the wild. The are 150 plus put the rest you have to transfer from your GBA games and recapture in the Pal Park, and even then you aren't really catching them because they give you special balls that automatically captures the pokemon you run into there.

So what the game only has 8 badges, almost all of the other games as well as the show that the games is modeled after. I think the online and side quests more than makes up for having 8 badges...............and the only reason that the other game that had 16 badges had so many is because there were 2 regions to explore instead of just one. I believe it was both Kanto and Johto, Diamond and Pearl is only Sinnoh.

ResiRiley said:
LOL!
You European players are so funny.............

First off you cannot capture 450 pokemon in the wild. The are 150 plus put the rest you have to transfer from your GBA games and recapture in the Pal Park, and even then you aren't really catching them because they give you special balls that automatically captures the pokemon you run into there.

So what the game only has 8 badges, almost all of the other games as well as the show that the games is modeled after. I think the online and side quests more than makes up for having 8 badges...............and the only reason that the other game that had 16 badges had so many is because there were 2 regions to explore instead of just one. I believe it was both Kanto and Johto, Diamond and Pearl is only Sinnoh.

Why didnt they remake johto?

mM