By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Holy Crap! Portable N64!

I want one. Really, really badly. That's amazing.

If I made one, I'd probably try to also build-in rumble, and maybe still work in secondary controller plugs, as well as video/audio out. Too bad I don't know enough about building these things. :(

ALTHOUGH, since the analog on an N64 controller is a separate piece inside, it can rather easily be relocated. So I'd probably use an ordinary N64 controller, as well as a different battery system, which would effectively cut costs.

Different batteries could effectively cut battery prices by 50% if shopped right (note: would have to remember to use high-life batteries because the N64 system would draw much more power than an ordinary handheld), and an ordinary N64 controller would cost $45-$55 less (depending on where you'd get your Hori Mini Pad).

Other supplies (epoxy, paint, abs) could also be better shopped for, and that would also cut costs significantly.

I could probably build one of these for $150, although with my inferior skills, it very possibly wouldn't come out as well.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Ben heck is a sick man, he does a work with a lot of other mods as well.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Here's another one mentioned on Engadget, called the L64, but I can't find the original site. The Digg article that mentioned it originally links to an inactive site.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Found it.

http://retroactive.be/l64/

SW-5120-1900-6153

Wait, let me put it in my pocket..., wait it doesnt fit.

Around the Network

Ugly.
(>'.')>

That looks big and ugly.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Guys, it has to be big. You're fitting an entire Nintendo 64's motherboard inside it, as well as a controller.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I would want one!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Is it big? Yes
Is It ugly? Yes
Is it uncomfterable? Yes
Is it pointless? Yes
Would I buy one? Absoloutly